Talk

Advanced search

Open pores

(6 Posts)
987flowers Fri 26-May-17 23:47:13

Any tips to help stop my make up sinking into my pores and looking awful. It's annoying as this has only happened this last week. I had been hoping it was a one off but it seems to be here to stay. I wonder if I need to change my cleansing routine. I use ixlizx Earle which I would have thought was ok.

987flowers Fri 26-May-17 23:47:32

Liz Earle!

deathb4decaf Sat 27-May-17 07:55:17

I don't think the cleansing itself helps with pore size, it will just help to keep them clear. I use Clinique mild clarifying lotion (the green bottle- not the alcohol ones) after cleansing which definitely keeps everything clean. I think primers are the best way to go for smoothing out the surface before make up. I've not used it but a friend of mine likes benefit porefessional. Lots of the brands do primers, I think they usually have silicone in them though which can cause some people to break out.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 27-May-17 13:34:14

You need a primer before applying make up,really makes a difference.

987flowers Sat 27-May-17 22:59:31

Thanks I'll look into using a primer. I've googled and it has the term strawberry nose- how attractive!!!!

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sat 27-May-17 23:55:09

smashbox primer is good. i also blot my face with tissue every time i go to the loo, keeps the shine battened down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now