Talk

Advanced search

What do you do at this time of year when you are darker than your foundation? (Apart from buy a new one!)

(11 Posts)
MadameSzyszkoBohush Fri 26-May-17 21:28:10

Any tips?
Have caught the sun in the heatwave but my foundation is quite pale and I need to wear coverage because of acne scarring etc. I can't afford to buy a new one just yet.

WillyWonkasChocolate Fri 26-May-17 23:09:36

You can now buy colour adjusters - i think body shop do one.

Lucked Fri 26-May-17 23:19:42

I add a bit of my Benifit Dew the Hoola liquid bronzer, thins it a little too which is nice in hot weather.

hollieberrie Fri 26-May-17 23:23:50

I got colour matched last summer with my usual brand, Estee Lauder, and asked for a little tester pot which i managed to make last for the summer last year. This year i ordered a small pot of the same shade from Ebay, theres a few sellers that do small pots of any foundation you want. I think it cost me about £6. No way im paying £££ for a huge bottle i'll only use for 3 months of the year.

illegitimateMortificadospawn Fri 26-May-17 23:24:51

I don't get enough sun for it to matter. wink

dudsville Sat 27-May-17 07:09:47

some of these ideas are better than mine but I'll say what I came on to say! I have scarring and red skin from acne rosacea. I use an Estee lauder colour that suits me when not in the sun. In summer I adjust it by using a base of EL camoflauge. This is because of the effect of sun and heat on my skin - leaves me looking a bit brused. It's expensive, same price as a bottle, but it's a squeezy tube rather than the bottle. It lasts for ages.

chipsandpeas Sat 27-May-17 07:41:30

Body shop darkening drops added to my normal foundation

goingmadinthecountry Sat 27-May-17 07:45:58

Ask for a darker sample at a few beauty counters - mix them together. Or mix it with a darker tinted moisturiser - if the weather stays this nice you may just need the tinted moisturiser on its own in a few weeks.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 27-May-17 07:48:27

Some concealer and bronzer, no foundation?

MadameSzyszkoBohush Sat 27-May-17 09:20:39

Thanks all, really helpful ideas.

witwootoodleoo Sat 27-May-17 09:23:06

Space NK recommended I mix a little liquid bronzer into my normal foundation before application and it works well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now