Talk

Advanced search

Anyone suggest the best body cream for all over sparkleness whilst on holiday?

(36 Posts)
Purplerainbow Fri 26-May-17 20:51:02

I don't tan but going away soon. What body cream/lotion/potion is fab for a bit of all over sparkle glossiness and smells good too?

Tia

Purplerainbow Fri 26-May-17 20:51:36

Oh and I wasn't that impressed with the nars one, smelt and looked like but rubbed off without any effort!

jeaux90 Fri 26-May-17 20:54:37

Sanctuary glimmer body butter. It's lovely

Purplerainbow Fri 26-May-17 21:30:04

How long does it last on your skin do you think jeaux ?

jeaux90 Fri 26-May-17 23:59:38

Oh I would say it definitely lasts a good evening. I've mainly used it at night. If you were using it for an all day wedding let's say I might pop a bit more on my arms and neck before the evening.

jeaux90 Sat 27-May-17 00:01:49

If you are looking for a bit of a fake tan I use the wonderful clarins drops. They go in your own moisturiser and fool proof. (Important for me grin)

You can get them for face and body and they give a lovely natural colour but you can build it up over a few days if you want a darker look.

Those with the shimmer body balm is lovely

Glamorousglitter Sat 27-May-17 00:02:22

I like benefit bathina

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 07:34:56

I don't think I want to do the fake tan thing as with me it isn't fool proof and always regret it!! grin

glamour what is the benefit one, a body cream?

SinglePringle Sat 27-May-17 07:41:03

A good drug store one is the Palmers Gloss Coco Butter. It's a shimmer / pearlescent effect as opposed to glitter. Smells like the rest of their brand and seems to last.

Or the Nuxe Dry Body Oil is also lovely. Again, you gleam. Smells lovely (well, I think so - some find it too sweet but it's honey scented).

SinglePringle Sat 27-May-17 07:42:41

I also have a Diptyque oil. No glitter or shimmer but makes skin look extremely well moisturised and glowing. It's expensive (around £60 I think) but lasts forever, smells amazing and can also be used on hair.

LobsterQuadrille Sat 27-May-17 07:51:12

I use Dove with a hint of fake tan and shimmer. It's £6.99 for two in Superdrug. Not real fake tan so no streaks.

VanillaSugar Sat 27-May-17 07:54:54

I bought some moisturiser from Aldi yesterday. It's the blue LaCura range, comes out thick and gloomy but my arms still have a sheen this morning. I'd let the stuff soak in for at least half an hour before getting dressed though. Two quid.

VanillaSugar Sat 27-May-17 07:55:23

Thick and GLOOPY obviously. Stupid phone.

Blondielongie Sat 27-May-17 07:56:03

I have the estee lauder vie la belle (not the right spelling...) It's got a nice shimmer. Smells gorgeous.

Where are you going? I've worn sweet smelling shimmering body lotion abroaed in an evening before. The mosquitos loved it. 😭

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 07:58:37

Even the hint of a tan/gradual tanner things just don't work on me. So needs to be something purely 'cosmetic' wash off type....

I haven't seen that palmers one... pringle are you in America? Will have to hunt as I like palmers body creams but never seen the one you describe. £60 is a lot for an oil!

vanilla £2 sounds a bargain!

SinglePringle Sat 27-May-17 08:42:26

No, UK. Bought it a year or so ago, probably from Boots or Superdrug.

The Nuxe products are available in Boots, John Lewis and M&S.

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 11:37:48

Ha sorry pringle, I heard 'drug store' and thought america grin I shall have a google...

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 11:39:04

Sorry blondie missed your post. Going to canaries.... I didn't see any mosquitoes in the eve when I went before....is the Estée Lauder one a body lotion?

theclick Sat 27-May-17 12:21:08

It's not a cream but Nuxe Oil with shimmer is lovely and also gives a classy glow as opposed to teenager soaked in glitter.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Sat 27-May-17 17:40:45

Another vote for Nuxe, it's lovely

XiCi Sat 27-May-17 17:53:12

Have used the Nuxe dry oil, the bronze shimmer one for years, gives a really lovely glow . Smells gorgeous too

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 18:49:03

Is it the prodiguese one? The nuxe I mean..

Dailystuck71 Sat 27-May-17 19:06:08

The nuxe stuff - I got a bottle in my marks advent at Christmas. Really liked it but is it moisturising enough for when you have been sunbathing?

Purplerainbow Sat 27-May-17 19:10:56

No idea daily? I don't get dry skin after having been in the sun normally?

Rockaby Sat 27-May-17 19:19:08

Was coming on to suggest the Nuxe prodigeuse body oil with gold in it, but see I've been beaten to it! It's really nice. I used it for my wedding day with not fake tan - I am Irish and had been living in the north of Scotland for the year before so was extremely pale grin! I think it worked well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now