Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

comfy travel clothes that aren't trousers

(10 Posts)
poppym12 Fri 26-May-17 19:02:22

Going away for a few days, shorthaul flight. Very warm there as it is here. I usually travel in trousers but I'm not fancying that at the moment. Suggest comfy but cool travel attire please.

MaybeDoctor Fri 26-May-17 19:05:34

Straightish jersey maxi dress? Nothing too flowing.

Personally I always like to go for something I could escape in!

BikeRunSki Fri 26-May-17 19:06:37

I'm currently wearing a striped version of this jersey skirt that I bought last summer. I'd definitely travel in it. I might buy the one in the link too.

Nancy91 Fri 26-May-17 19:11:43

Playsuit? Bit annoying if you need a wee though, so maybe a maxi dress would be best

specialsubject Fri 26-May-17 19:13:48

Not a dress unless you are an alien that never sweats. Washable tops, light loose cotton skirt.

poppym12 Fri 26-May-17 19:21:06

I'm afraid me in a playsuit would cause fellow travellers much distress nancy grin

I don't have much inbetween stuff really. Ive got a hideous amount of clothes but mainly jeans and shorter summery clothes. Realised I've gained a bit of weight too so that rules out some things for now.

I like that skirt but I travel on sunday blush and a straightish jersey dress sounds ideal. Any links maybe?

poppym12 Fri 26-May-17 19:46:59

Alas special, I am currently at that stage in life when I sometimes think I may actually set on fire rather than just sweat.

MaybeDoctor Sat 27-May-17 14:43:36

Joules for the maxi dress?

Mamia15 Sat 27-May-17 15:35:24

H&M have pencil jersey skirts which come to below your knees - very comfortable.

Poisongirl81 Sat 27-May-17 18:19:39

I have a jersey jumpsuit I wear on the plane

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: