Talk

Advanced search

Smooth skin?

(12 Posts)
Looneytune253 Fri 26-May-17 13:51:45

How on earth do you get smooth skin? Mine is full of pores, spots and is very uneven. Top tips please.

Blinkyblink Fri 26-May-17 22:02:21

By spending £120 on Sisley black rose facial oil.

The. Best. Product. Ever.

Blinkyblink Fri 26-May-17 22:02:32

And genes

NikkiNoodle91 Fri 26-May-17 22:04:29

Have you tried st Ives face scrub? It's amazing, used once or twice a week x

Newtothis11 Fri 26-May-17 22:08:20

Do you have a healthy diet and drink lots of water? If not start there.

Truckingalong Fri 26-May-17 22:16:36

Exfoliation. Physical and chemical.

CherriesInTheSnow Fri 26-May-17 22:23:18

I find double cream cleansing really balancing and softening for uneven skin, which i suffered from. That and chemical exfoliants - BHA (salicylic acid)works best for me, especially as I can get under skin type breakouts. I couple BHA products with a light oil over top once absorbed and a good thick workhorse (not actives) moisturiser.

I am pregnant so a combination of hormones and tiredness means my skin is suffering again. But a few days of consistent gentle care gives noticeable improvement smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-May-17 07:54:35

Neutrogena acne LED light. I'm only on my 5th treatment & my skins so much better. My skin feels so smooth now.

Looneytune253 Sat 27-May-17 11:21:28

Thank you. I definitely need to start drinking more water but I have a healthy diet generally. I exfoliate about once a week and have started with a night cream and day cream. My skin has always been quite soft without moisturisation but the skin has never been smooth if that makes sense. Spots arent my main concern though but always have one or two. I have a few scars from spots as a teen. Thanks for suggestions so far.

Newtothis11 Sat 27-May-17 20:26:43

Never tried it on my face but I'm finding coconut oil to be wonder stuff for baby..

NigellasGuest Sat 27-May-17 20:36:00

The key is drinking water and impeccable facial cleansing

BusterGonad Mon 29-May-17 10:20:21

I have really soft smooth skin and I'm not sure why, I eat quite a lot of sugar but also fruit, I cleanse with a creamy cleanser and cotton wool (never a face wash) and I use a thick moisturizer. At the moment I'm using Astral. But as a family non of us (brothers and sisters) had spots or acne so I'm guessing genes and good skin care help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now