Talk

Advanced search

Need a new look

(4 Posts)
Inthebeergarden Fri 26-May-17 10:32:11

Been given some great advice in a relationships thread about rekindling romance in a long marriage.
I have spent too many years in joggers and hoodies since the DCs were born. Never been a fashion expert and have made lots of mistakes over the years
I now want to make more of an effort to look pretty for my DH and myself. I need a more girly look but not too out there.
Size 10-12, 5'3.
Thank you for any tips or advice

PutThatPomBearBack Fri 26-May-17 10:39:43

Pinterest is great for inspiration!

Do you have a friend who's style you like? You could go shopping together and get her opinion.

Also little things make a huge difference such as a good haircut, non chipped nails, good quality clothes etc.

Inthebeergarden Fri 26-May-17 10:46:00

Thanks, I will have a little peek.

The good weather is tempting me back into summer skirts and dresses. I haven't had my legs out for years so not sure how short or confident I can go.

changingShorts Fri 26-May-17 10:46:03

Go shopping with a friend or DH and make yourself try on loads stuff you wouldn't normally wear. Ask for honest opinions. You'll probably be surprised at what you look good in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now