Talk

Advanced search

'Office Casual' shoes

(10 Posts)
Loraline Fri 26-May-17 06:52:34

I posted this in Back to Work but got no response and it's probably better here anyway.

I start a new job next week at a fairly large charity. My last office was totally casual and I've been advised that this workplace is 'office casual' I've invested in some nice dresses in Hobbs and have some nice skirts and trousers and appropriate tops to go with them.

I'm just not sure what I can get away with in terms of shoes. I have a pair of tan loafers that work with some things but the dresses need a heel. Can i get away with these LK Bennett strappy wedges or are open toes a no-no? Do I need to hit m&s for some courts?

healthyheart Fri 26-May-17 06:57:05

They look absolutely fine to me! Good luck in your new job!

Wait4nothing Fri 26-May-17 06:59:11

I'd say fine for summer months - they are smart despite having an open toe.

Loraline Fri 26-May-17 07:04:12

That's what I'd thought but then had a wobble. Thanks

Zahrah5 Fri 26-May-17 07:26:23

I would not go with those shoes due to the straw platform, if I see good.
Straw is definitelly not for office.

CaitAgusMadra Fri 26-May-17 07:36:09

Would be absolutely fine for summer in my casual office

CormorantDevouringTime Fri 26-May-17 07:39:20

Looks fine for "office casual" to me.

ArgyMargy Fri 26-May-17 08:42:10

If people invent stupid dress codes they must expect varied interpretation. These shoes would be perfectly fine in my office which has a similar approach. The are gorgeous by the way!

SuperFlyHigh Fri 26-May-17 09:01:35

They're fine!

Maybe if you have a smart meeting wear something a bit smarter but those are fine for everyday!

Loraline Fri 26-May-17 09:19:55

Thanks all. I do have clothes and shoes that are on the smarter end of the scale for meetings or external visits that are part of the role. These should hopefully work for office days.

Zahrah5 yes that is straw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now