Talk

Advanced search

what color leggings would you put under a black shirt type dress?

(12 Posts)
hellokittymania Thu 25-May-17 22:17:37

Could one of you give me some fashion advice please? I have a shirt type dress with white writing on it, but I don't know what color leggings to put under it. The shop told me that I could just wear it as address, but I am really worried that it is see-through. I am visually impaired, so can't actually tell if it is or not. If I put leggings underneath, do they sell knee length leggings anywhere? I am a size 4 to 6 depending, but can also buy in children's if I need to. I can fit in A children's age 13.

hellokittymania Thu 25-May-17 22:18:57

The only leggings I have are black. I think it would be too much black if I wore them wouldn't it?

CaulkheadUpNorf Thu 25-May-17 22:22:42

You can get knee length leggings. I saw some in sainsburys today. They might not be very thick though. I think black would be fine.

Can you ask anyone else if the dress is see-through?

CrispyBathTowel Thu 25-May-17 22:36:38

I think black would be fine too. Or white seeing as the dress has white writing on it.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 25-May-17 22:40:10

If it's long enough to wear as a dress, would a slip help with potential see-through issues?

CrispyBathTowel Thu 25-May-17 22:40:49

I think it might look better without knee length leggings though if it's not see through so yes, check with someone that you trust as to whether or not it is.

hellokittymania Thu 25-May-17 22:50:44

I will have to check, the material is quite thin. So I think you might be able to see a slip if I wore it just us address without leggings.

Do Sainsburys do extra small women's leggings? I always thought they stopped at size 8 as the lowest women size? I can probably go buy a Primark tomorrow, so if any One has seen leggings in there, I could go there. There is all so a TK Maxx near the Primark.

Laska5772 Thu 25-May-17 22:58:11

A great place to get small good quality cropped leggings is Boden childrens section.. As a size 12 I have easily fitted into the aged 15 yrs .. if you are smaller the13/14 years should do it .
They are v good quality and not see through.. They also have other colours if you look

hellokittymania Thu 25-May-17 23:06:44

Thank you, will go on the website. Do they do delivery? I don't know where the nearest Bodden would be to where I live so ordering online may be easier.

Lj8893 Thu 25-May-17 23:09:13

Primark have knee length leggings!

CrispyBathTowel Thu 25-May-17 23:10:47

Boden is online only OP (with the exception of a few outlet shops). It's normally very quick delivery.

Argeles Thu 25-May-17 23:13:31

Red or green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now