Talk

Advanced search

Maternity-friendly chubrub helpers?

(10 Posts)
somethingrosier Thu 25-May-17 20:02:33

Hi all!

I've been given loads of great ideas for ways to prevent chubrub, from deodorant to sloggi's cotton pants. The LUSH/deodorant idea seem good but have never seen to be long-lasting enough for me, there's anti-chafing gels but they're all a bit too expensive for me to just by to test out, in case they fail and it's money down the toilet!

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and am obviously facing a full-on pregnant summer. I have pregnancy spanx but they seem a bit too hefty for 25°c+, so:

I would really love to know if anyone has recommendations for something like the sloggi pants that are made for under or over a bump. Something lightweight that isn't going to aggravate the butt sweat!

Thanks in advance!

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 25-May-17 20:12:02

Google bandalettes (I think that's what they are called) I've never used them but have seen them mentioned here. I've used lanacane anti chafing cream, that's very good.

somethingrosier Thu 25-May-17 20:23:24

loveulotslikejellytots I've got two pairs! The problem I have had with Bandelettes is that I can't quite figure out how they should sit. Every which way I've worn them (pulled all the way up, a bit further down, etc etc) have ended up with me still getting sore welts between where my underwear ends and the bandelettes begin.

I've also seen the lanacane, but I have seen a huge mix of reviews on it so I'm a little worried about relying on it and having to tuck my skirt between my legs and hobble home. sad

AngeloMysterioso Thu 25-May-17 20:24:34

Bodyglide was a game changer for me... before discovering that I always had to wear cycling shorts under dresses which wasn't particularly hygienic!

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 25-May-17 20:25:44

Just chop the bottom off some primark leggings, you don't even need to hem them and they last really well. I wore some under a dress today walking around london smile

JigglyTuff Thu 25-May-17 20:26:19

Udderly Smooth is the dog's bollocks (or the cow's udders). I've tried everything but this works.

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 25-May-17 20:26:41

Sorry hadn't finished - cotton is lightweight and leggings can easily go under bump smile

JigglyTuff Thu 25-May-17 20:28:07

And weirdly it doesn't feel like it will work because it's not thick or goopy but it does

Outbackshack Thu 25-May-17 20:30:11

Leggings cut up all the way. Go size above to accommodate bump. Job done

somethingrosier Thu 25-May-17 20:52:40

Thanks all!

Will give everything a go! I keep seeing ladies in the street that clearly have chubrub going on and am just angry that they seem to be keeping this secret from me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now