Talk

Advanced search

Help, gigantic mole on big toe

(15 Posts)
bitofabelly Thu 25-May-17 18:08:55

Sorry for the pic...but I've always had this gigantic freckle in my big toe and hate wearing sandals or flip flops...any ideas how to conceal so I can overcome my insecurities!!!!

happydays2017 Thu 25-May-17 19:44:13

Ragged edge, dark spot in it.... I had the same, ask the doc to be referred and they will remove it to be on the safe side

Oly5 Thu 25-May-17 19:45:57

You could Have it removed but it would leave a big scar. Why not hair choose to not worry about it.. And decorate it in beautiful jewelled flip flops!

FloatyCat Thu 25-May-17 19:52:17

I had one removed from my back but it was 'puffier', it didn't hurt and there's a tiny scar.

BusterGonad Thu 25-May-17 19:52:34

It looks fine to me but if you are worried then just pop a bit of stick concealer over it! The Rimmel hide the blemish (is that what it's called) is suppose to be good.

DeadGood Tue 30-May-17 19:42:21

Get it checked out - moles on feet have always made my GP twitchy.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 30-May-17 19:47:57

I'd also get that mole checked - it looks a bit dodgy to me

BettyOBarley Tue 30-May-17 19:51:53

I have a small mole on the end of my big toe which I've had checked/photographed etc. I think a lot of the concern with moles on feet is people don't look at them enough to notice any changes rather than an increased risk - that's what my dermatologist told me anyway..
If you're not worried about it and it's just the appearance you could pop a bit of make up that people use to cover birthmarks etc.

retainertrainer Tue 30-May-17 19:52:30

Yeh get that checked-ragged edge,bigger than the end of a pencil and it's on a lower limb. I reckon they'd whip that right off for you. If they don't,then it's only a mole-nothing to feel self conscious about.

ThanksForAllTheFish Wed 31-May-17 01:32:13

Has it got bigger / darker or changed shape? Had it always had that dark patch? These are things that would warrant a trip to the dr to get it checked out. They might remove it or they might just leave it alone.

I have a mole on my leg that is at least twice the size of yours, it's bumpy and raised with different shades of pigment and has got darker over the years. I got it checked out (when I was at the hospital about another mole) and was advised that generally with big moles if they have hair growing on them like normal skin in that area would, them they are usually healthy. They did not want to remove it as it's really big and wasn't a concern (re: melanoma). So different from others experiences that they will just remove it due to size, colour and irregularity.

I would still advise having it looked at to be on the safe side. As for covering it I wouldn't bother. I don't thing many make up products would cover it well as it's a unusual area. I love seeing moles and freckles on people as it's part of their uniqueness. Honestly OP you probably notice it more than other people do.

kshaw Wed 31-May-17 01:57:17

I have approximately 5 million moles - just embrace it. How often do you notice people's toes?! I'd definitely
Make sure to always have suntan lotion on that though

3luckystars Wed 31-May-17 02:02:08

Get that removed IMMEDIATELY.

Good luck.

3luckystars Wed 31-May-17 02:05:14

Sorry that seemed a bit loud! (But I have experience with these things)

So (in a calmer voice), there is no reason to keep this, even if it's nothing) get it taken off ASAP would be my advice.

CatsAndCandles Wed 31-May-17 02:13:41

If it was me, I would get it checked by a GP. Then, assuming all OK, I would remove it myself slowly using apple cider vinegar. There's loads online about it and I believe it causes very little scarring, so long as you don't pick the scab. (I've done quite a few with no problems.)

3luckystars Wed 31-May-17 02:18:30

I wouldn't mind the scar, I would have it taken off regardless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now