Talk

Advanced search

What can I wear with dresses in summer??

(9 Posts)
puggedoff Thu 25-May-17 11:20:00

I've lost a lot of weight (24st to 13st) and am now a size 14

I have loved wearing dresses with patterned tights over the winter but now it's getting warm I need to ditch the thick black tights

My legs are awful and I really don't feel comfortable having bare legs - what can I wear with pretty summer dresses? Leggings? Jeggings?? If so what colour???

TIA

passthewineplz Thu 25-May-17 11:26:42

Well done on your weight loss!

How about nude slimming tights. M&S tights are good, there's also some with out tights that might be ok for wearing sandals.

www.marksandspencer.com/l/lingerie/tights?&mcptredirect

passthewineplz Thu 25-May-17 11:27:30

*I meant some without toes in

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 25-May-17 11:27:50

Wow! Well done, OP!

You could wear linen trousers or jeans.

WipsGlitter Thu 25-May-17 11:28:02

I think it's a style no-no, but I personally like leggings with a tunic dress.

If you have your legs a good mot would they be better? Exfoliate, de-fuzz and some fake tan.

misscph1973 Thu 25-May-17 11:30:18

A maxi dress?

I'm sure your legs are not that bad. Get some sun on them, and they will look better.

MrsBadger Thu 25-May-17 11:30:59

Lighweight leggings in a colour that complements the dress.
But don't worry too madly about your legs - so long as the dress is knee-length ish and they are exfoliated and moisturised then enjoy going bare.

(NB I am going to be harsh and suggest if the dress is too short to wear decently without leggings consider carefully if you should be wearing it at all. Leggings hide skin but not shape.)

Rioja123 Thu 25-May-17 11:34:00

Midi skirts, maxi dresses. Well done on the loss!

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 25-May-17 11:35:15

My legs are fine, but stubbly about two seconds after shaving - I wear nude fishnets in summer, which gives me a bit of coverage but are pretty much invisible. I also tend to wear midi-length dresses, usually with flat shoes or trainers, so there's no worry about them blowing up/being hoiked up by your bag or whatever and showing your pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now