Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Decent mascara on a low budget

(15 Posts)
mumofzach Wed 24-May-17 23:41:28

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decent mascara that doesn't smudge?
Ideally I'm looking for something under £10 as I'm on SMP and definitely can't splash out.

I'm currently using a Maybelline one which smudges really badly, especially when the weather is warm.

Any suggestions are welcome!

X

VioletBow Wed 24-May-17 23:47:22

Soap & Glory Thick & fast hd collagen something or other. (Pic attached)
£10.50 so 50p over budget but I swear by it and I tend to run my eyes a lot

VioletBow Wed 24-May-17 23:52:04

Rub not run. I rub my eyes a lot. I can rub them in the day after a fair few hours of having it on and it doesn't smear or smudge but after a while days wear it will start. I put mine on at 8am and it's still on now and just had a good eye rub bastard hay fever and it's slightly flakey now but still not smudged

FeckTheMagicDragon Thu 25-May-17 00:07:37

Boots No 7 stay perfect £12 - dupe of Clinique high impact - which I used to wear. But the Clinique tube dried out really quickly.

www.boots.com/no7-stay-perfect-mascara-10156448

No smudges - at all. oil doesn't budge it, good in hot weather. Might get a few flakes later on in the day if you run your eyes. Have to hold a pad with warm water against your eye for 30 seconds and it comes off in very satisfying little tubes.

Good length, separation and colour, not so much thickening. Can't layer on more coats once it's dried - so put on thick to start with.

On nights out I put it on the bottom (as that smudges more) and benefit They're real on the top (also good staying power.

FeckTheMagicDragon Thu 25-May-17 00:08:31

Sorry - missed the under a tenner.

FromageRay Thu 25-May-17 00:11:23

Bourjois Volume Reveal, I swore by Benefit They're Real until I tried this.

RedStripeIassie Thu 25-May-17 00:17:14

I shit you not: primark £1. My skins super sensitive but it's gentle, natural looking and doesn't run.

LeggyMeggy Thu 25-May-17 07:38:06

Max Factor clump defy. Used to use Lancôme but this is over half the price and no smudging. Hate most Max Factor but they do make good mascaras.

Plockplock Thu 25-May-17 09:03:29

Max Factor Masterpiece Max. I'm always recommending this as it's the best, and I've tried a lot, including many high end ones.

PolaDeVeboise Thu 25-May-17 13:10:17

I second Plock, tried loads, always go back to this.

mumofzach Thu 25-May-17 13:57:27

Ooh wow lots of options for me to try! I perhaps can stretch my budget a bit as I do love my make up! You only live once eh! Thanks lovelies! Xxx

JeffJarrett Thu 25-May-17 14:00:06

I buy the half size tubes of They're Real from Boots, they're only a tenner and since mascara dries up and you have to throw it out after 3-6 months anyway it's not like you'd ever need a full size one. smile

Itsnothingoriginal Thu 25-May-17 14:27:37

Natural Collection mascara £1.99 - I discovered it on here and it is absolutely amazing for the price!

I also have the £4.99 Rimmel one which is also brilliant and doesn't budge all day.

toriah Thu 25-May-17 15:11:05

I love

www.boots.com/rimmel-volume-shake-mascara-10229195

really good, and often on special offer

Cakescakescakes Thu 25-May-17 15:13:36

Boots Seventeen Doll'd Up is a total dupe for Benefit Rollerlash and is about £6. Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now