Talk

Advanced search

I have found the HOLY GRAIL of comfy pants! (Photos)

(54 Posts)
LilyChantilly Wed 24-May-17 22:55:10

Step away from the M&S knicker display ladies, and look no further! Now I know these will not be to everyone's taste. In fact, they are exactly to my taste because I'm a bit childish I chose the fabric and the colour of the banding. There are many many other fabric designs available. But, more importantly, they are literally the comfiest pants I have EVER worn! I've spent the last couple of years looking at and posting on MN threads about comfy pants that don't crawl up your arse. And I've found some pretty ok ones after following other peoples advice. But then it occurred to me a few weeks ago to look at handmade pants on Etsy and there are quite a lot. They seem to be known as scrundies. One seller had especially good reviews so I bought one pair by way of an experiment (the dragonfly/butterfly ones) and when I tried them on... well, it was a revelation. So I bought another 3 pairs. I know it sounds like I have something to gain from recommending this seller but I genuinely don't - it's just that having comfy pants has become such a major issue for me as I've got older and fatter so I just wanted to share the love! And they cost £13 - £15 a pair which is about 5 times more than I've ever spent on pants but, well, the time has come. Find SewBippity on Etsy HERE and on FB - this link takes you to the fabric design photos HERE . I will never look back. smile

LauraPalmersBodybag Wed 24-May-17 23:05:42

This sounds like an advert op.... hmm

Smeaton Wed 24-May-17 23:09:08

And they cost £13 - £15 a pair which is about 5 times more than I've ever spent on pants

So you were basically buying very cheap pants and then moaning they were uncomfortable?

I think your budget may have more of an impact than the manufacturer. grin

CrispyBathTowel Wed 24-May-17 23:12:24

Sorry OP, but I won't be buying from you assuming this is an ad in disguise

Therealslimshady1 Wed 24-May-17 23:13:25

Nice ad grin

elQuintoConyo Wed 24-May-17 23:13:36

What a pants thread hmm
grin

Maudlinmaud Wed 24-May-17 23:13:44

Pants are pants. No?

daffodil10 Wed 24-May-17 23:14:48

Flipping heck I'm sorry they are hideous!

Februaryjones Wed 24-May-17 23:16:16

£15 for those monstrosities? No thanks

PickAChew Wed 24-May-17 23:18:31

Are they made of polyester? They look a bit shiny.

MsJolly Wed 24-May-17 23:19:38

Fuck they are ugly!

LilyChantilly Wed 24-May-17 23:22:03

Aw c'mon, don't burst my bubble - I just got the 3 new pairs today and I'm really excited! Maybe that makes me a bit sad but I think they're gorgeous and I don't have much money so it was a big spend for me. It's not an advert except in as much as I'm recommending a product which lots of people do in this topic. I have no connection with the seller except that I've bought stuff off her very recently. I was exaggerating a bit when I said 5 times more, just to be light hearted. I've spent varying amounts on pants over the years, including some fairly expensive ones from American Apparel that were very comfy but pretty damn ugly (unisex style). I love bright colourful underwear and I've been searching for pants that cover my fat backside (and don't disappear up it) for a long time - I just wanted to share my excitement with all those others who have posted on here in search of comfy pants. So, y'know, peace and love, as they say in the MN Daily.

LilyChantilly Wed 24-May-17 23:24:27

Just read the other replies that appeared while I was typing my last one. Bubble well and truly burst. No they're not polyester, cotton/lycra mix.

LimpidPools Wed 24-May-17 23:28:43

No, don't let your bubble be burst!

Smile contentedly every time you put them on OP. Truly there is no greater thing than really comfy pants.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

QueenMortificado Wed 24-May-17 23:30:44

£15 for a pair of pants?!

They do look comfy but.... not as comfy as m&s full arse pants unfort

chocdonutyy Wed 24-May-17 23:33:01

I like them but not at £15 a pair like them!
£15 for a multipack maybe.

LoupGarou Wed 24-May-17 23:33:05

I do like them actually, buy the name "scrundies" is a bit offputting, maybe its just me but my train of thought went...

Scrundies ---> scrunchy undies --> either unwashed crotches making undies scrunchy, or scrunchy fabric which causes crotch erosion.

Besides I always wear thongs which is a much easier solution to the pants up bum issue, no worries as they're already up your bum. Simple grin

ALemonyPea Wed 24-May-17 23:42:02

Scrundies is a bit better than panties though.

Floggingmolly Wed 24-May-17 23:44:06

What do you mean, you chose the pattern and the banding? Are they Design Your Own pants? Why would such a service exist (particularly when the end result looks like Primark's finest??)

SemiNormal Wed 24-May-17 23:45:43

£15 for a bit of material to cover my arse and fanjo? No thanks.

hettie Wed 24-May-17 23:46:17

They look like bonds rip offs... Bonds are indeed super comfy and last forever, but can be found for less cash...

BumWad Wed 24-May-17 23:46:47

They look like ladies Calvin kleins with a shit pattern

walmo Wed 24-May-17 23:48:11

They're horrible.

Highalert Wed 24-May-17 23:50:20

They are hidious. I'd have to be very careful I didn't get run over if I was wearing a pair of them.

walmo Wed 24-May-17 23:50:32

Shit patterns are very suitable for pants I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now