Talk

Advanced search

I do this every year. 25 degrees tomorrow & nothing to wear!

(15 Posts)
1t6y9o Wed 24-May-17 22:37:05

Anyone found any every day casual dresses (not workwear) that are suitable for this warm spell? Urgently need to do an online shop with next day delivery.

Must be ok for school run, park, playgroups.

Numerous years of pregnancy/bf and nothing fits. I've been in jumpers and jeans until now, refusing to believe the temp would rise above 14. Now it's here I need to panic buy!

Any help greatly appreciated.

LaBuenaVida Wed 24-May-17 22:54:21

I buy vintage cotton dresses from eBay. I've got about 5 in total. Bring them out every summer - and never get tired of them. I tend to stick to 1960s/70s - and the cotton is just lovely. Vintage sizes are much smaller - so if you're (for example) a size 12, your vintage size would be 14/16 (don't let that put you off!). There are some lovely ones on there at the moment - and if they're buy it now, you may get next day delivery. My summer dresses are a source of joy! And no-one will have the same one... X

MarsBarsAreShrinking Wed 24-May-17 22:56:57

Asos is pretty much my go to when I'm in a hurry. Premier delivery is £9.95 for unlimited next day deliveries for 12 months and you can order up to around 10.00pm.

GQT22 Wed 24-May-17 22:57:59

Could try some maxi dresses? Fitted or floaty, I'm a jeans and tshirt girl so basically anything that goes with converse and I'm good! Asos are quite good

Misty9 Wed 24-May-17 22:58:16

My legs are not fit for public consumption, so my go to outfit for hot weather is three quarter length trousers - mantaray at Debenhams do good ones - and a nice t shirt or sleeveless vest. Fat face do nice dresses though.

bigmack Wed 24-May-17 22:59:15

Uniqlo.

1t6y9o Wed 24-May-17 23:00:22

I'll check out the vintage dresses on eBay...thanks for he idea!

I've been looking on Asos but there's so much choice and nothing is really standing out. I'm at that difficult age ... too old for the young stuff but still feel about 21 (I'm 35), scared of being frumpy but don't want to look like mutton. I just need someone stylish to say 'here, wear this, I have it and love it!'

1t6y9o Wed 24-May-17 23:01:46

I do fancy a maxi actually but again haven't spotted anything that looks casual but flattering and well made.

Maudlinmaud Wed 24-May-17 23:04:18

I bought a linen dress off the tk maxx site today. It's short but looks smart casual.

LaBuenaVida Wed 24-May-17 23:04:49

With a vintage dress (and yes - I'm obsessed!!), wear it on its own in the heat. Or when a bit cooler, with leggings and a denim jacket. Always looks fab. And you'll actually get fed up with people saying 'WHERE did you get that dress?'!

1t6y9o Wed 24-May-17 23:10:52

Uniqlo looks promising!

RedMetamorphosis Wed 24-May-17 23:32:39

Debenhams Collection have absolutely tons at the £20 mark.

Vila/Vero Moda also tend to do decent plain ones.

egginacup Wed 24-May-17 23:40:05

I have a few maxi skirts that I wear with a loose plain black or white tshirt tucked in in the summer. My favourite is a slightly stretchy blue and white striped skirt I got from White Stuff last summer. Always works with sandals and you can throw on a cardi or denim jacket if it's chilly!

Misty9 Wed 24-May-17 23:49:17

La Redoute have a 40% off sale on at the moment and have some nice dresses smile

Deathraystare Thu 25-May-17 08:28:23

I want to know why when it is hot outside I cannot find any short sleeved tops and when it is cold I only find short sleeve, no sleeve tops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now