Talk

Advanced search

I hate summer - what can I wear?

(3 Posts)
Rainybo Wed 24-May-17 19:36:28

I've always always hated summer - I'm much more of a winter person. I feel like I spend whatever hot weather we get wishing for Christmas to come so I can wear jeans and boots and lovely coats. I think I have just never learned to 'do' hot weather. I look terrible.

Can you give me some tips or recommend anything? I'm an hourglass size 16, big boobs (34H) and I like colourful and quirky. Help!

LaBuenaVida Wed 24-May-17 23:33:51

I put this on another thread - but what about Lagenlook? (I honestly don't have shares!!). Some styles are a tad over quirky - but there are some nice pieces https://www.lagenlookclothinguk.co.uk/collections/new-in

Floisme Thu 25-May-17 07:29:14

I always cover up in summer which is partly vanity and partly health as I'm susceptible to moles. I normally have a bit of a uniform and this year it's loose fitting trousers and a shirt: ideally silk as I love the feel but also cotton or linen.

I stock up on vintage/ 2nd hand silk shirts - weigh and pay sales are cheapest as they hardly weigh anything and I don't worry too much about size as I like them loose fitting.

For trousers, I really like the masculine 80s style that's back, or a plain wide (but not too wide) leg. But whatever your favourite shape is would work.

I wear with brogues or plimsols - I cover up my feet too and rarely wear sandals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now