Talk

Advanced search

Formal/ Occasion alternatives to heels?

(8 Posts)
Terfing Wed 24-May-17 18:19:45

I never wear heels, far too painful!

However, I have a few formal events this summer (weddings, etc.), so need some nice elegant alternatives. I usually just wear ballet flats, but they don't feel formal enough for a wedding?

Any ideas?

P.S. I only wear FAKE leather/suede (veggie), so please don't suggest anything using real stuff.

OlennasWimple Wed 24-May-17 18:31:52

What are you wearing them with - skirts / dresses or trousers?

Wedge heels can be really good if you find normal heels painful (they don't have to be high), and they have the advantage of being grass friendly so you don't get stuck in the lawn smile

OlennasWimple Wed 24-May-17 18:35:28

Not to everyone's taste, but Irregular Choice have very wearable heels, flats and wedges, and are largely leather free

LoupGarou Wed 24-May-17 22:14:20

Do you want certified vegan/veggie shoes, or are you happy just to have non leather and not worry about the glues/dyes etc? Sorry not trying to sound twattish just trying to know what to suggest smile

TheBoyWhoWouldntHoeCorn Wed 24-May-17 22:50:02

Beyond skin have some lovely flats

www.beyondskin.co.uk/womens/collections.html

Terfing Sat 27-May-17 06:13:51

Oh wow! Irregular Choice looks fun, but not my style!

The shoes don't have to be vegan-branded, just no leather or fur! Fake leather is fine!

Any ideas?!?

CrispyBathTowel Sat 27-May-17 08:10:20

Depends on what colour your outfit is though:

www.marksandspencer.com/point-pump-shoes-with-insolia-flex/p/p60100562?image=SD_01_T02_5724A_B0_X_EC_90&color=RED&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

CrispyBathTowel Sat 27-May-17 08:13:13

There are lots of gold or silver sparkly flat sandals about or are you wanting a closed toe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now