Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you infil gel varnish when the nails grow?

(10 Posts)
OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 24-May-17 18:04:05

Love having my nails painted with gel nail varnish but my nails grow at an astonishing rate, a week later and I'd say they've grown almost a cm.

I have the same nail polish (non gel), could I fill in the gap between the varnish and the cuticle or will it show?

OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 24-May-17 22:28:21

Bump

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 24-May-17 22:32:10

IME you won't get a perfectly smooth finish, but it will probably look better than bare nail growth.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 24-May-17 22:33:46

You need to kind of sweep the varnish brush round the cuticle in one movement, rather than the old-fashioned nail varnish application tip which was to do it in three up/down strokes.

HouseOfGoldandBones Wed 24-May-17 22:35:55

Yes, it'll be fine. But I usually file off the top coat of the colour that's already there, so that you can do a final coat over the infill & the rest of the colour coat & finish with 1 coat of top coat over the whole nail

RhythmAndStealth Wed 24-May-17 22:36:20

Some people fill it with metallic or sparkly varnish, or glue on crystals to make a feature of it.

ButTheBearSnoredOn Wed 24-May-17 22:38:41

Do you really mean a cm?! Most of my nails aren't even a cm in total!

mcdog Wed 24-May-17 22:49:14

A cm????? My longest nail is barely a cm in total length!!!

OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 24-May-17 22:59:34

I really don't mean 1cm, do I? I think about 2mm - really I should use a ruler gringrin

Point is, there is a gap between the cuticle which will look too big before the varnish chips or wears off, which is a shame.

I might try it and report back...:;

Destinysdaughter Wed 24-May-17 23:23:00

Can you buy DIY gel?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now