Talk

Advanced search

Could an adult wear these?

(10 Posts)
Chesterfuckingdraws Tue 23-May-17 21:59:16

I need to replace my old imitation Birkenstock sandals and these have caught my eye! I'm 34, could I wear these without folk judging? Are they obviously kids shoes?
I'd be wearing them with jeans and t-shirt

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Tue 23-May-17 22:00:49

I like them. I think if I wore the right type of clothes jeans and t shirts they would look fab. Would look silly with my patterned dresses and skirts.

DrWhooves Tue 23-May-17 22:04:16

I'd wear them but I'm 35 and have Vans with hello kitty on them so maybe I'm not the best judge grin.

Chesterfuckingdraws Tue 23-May-17 22:09:40

My current shoes for wearing with jeans have glitter and crystals all over them (and are kids trainers) so not sure why I'm swithering over these.

Ginkypig Tue 23-May-17 22:16:17

They are fine.

The brown is not my cup of tea but that's a common thing for Birkenstock.

If the had a black sole and they fit me I'd be getting them grin

wellhonestly Wed 24-May-17 06:33:05

I'd wear them and I won't see 50 again ...sorry if I have put you off!

Ooh except for the toe-post; I have very "soft" feet and that would give me a blister in no time.

pistachioandhoney Wed 24-May-17 06:34:38

If you are one of those lucky women who can fit into children's sizes then go for it and there is no need to explain yourself.

Jealous!

Intransige Wed 24-May-17 06:36:16

I just asked my three year old if they were grown up shoes and she said no they're children's shoes... but I'd wear them and I'm in my 40s, so I say go for it.

Turneeps Wed 24-May-17 06:36:39

Lovely shoes, not too kiddy/babyish. Just don't wear with any patterns. Would look great with short denim shorts and white top.

handsfree Wed 24-May-17 06:36:43

I am 37 and I would absolutely wear them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now