Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Could an adult wear these?

(10 Posts)
Chesterfuckingdraws Tue 23-May-17 21:59:16

I need to replace my old imitation Birkenstock sandals and these have caught my eye! I'm 34, could I wear these without folk judging? Are they obviously kids shoes?
I'd be wearing them with jeans and t-shirt

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Tue 23-May-17 22:00:49

I like them. I think if I wore the right type of clothes jeans and t shirts they would look fab. Would look silly with my patterned dresses and skirts.

DrWhooves Tue 23-May-17 22:04:16

I'd wear them but I'm 35 and have Vans with hello kitty on them so maybe I'm not the best judge grin.

Chesterfuckingdraws Tue 23-May-17 22:09:40

My current shoes for wearing with jeans have glitter and crystals all over them (and are kids trainers) so not sure why I'm swithering over these.

Ginkypig Tue 23-May-17 22:16:17

They are fine.

The brown is not my cup of tea but that's a common thing for Birkenstock.

If the had a black sole and they fit me I'd be getting them grin

wellhonestly Wed 24-May-17 06:33:05

I'd wear them and I won't see 50 again ...sorry if I have put you off!

Ooh except for the toe-post; I have very "soft" feet and that would give me a blister in no time.

pistachioandhoney Wed 24-May-17 06:34:38

If you are one of those lucky women who can fit into children's sizes then go for it and there is no need to explain yourself.

Jealous!

Intransige Wed 24-May-17 06:36:16

I just asked my three year old if they were grown up shoes and she said no they're children's shoes... but I'd wear them and I'm in my 40s, so I say go for it.

Turneeps Wed 24-May-17 06:36:39

Lovely shoes, not too kiddy/babyish. Just don't wear with any patterns. Would look great with short denim shorts and white top.

handsfree Wed 24-May-17 06:36:43

I am 37 and I would absolutely wear them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: