Talk

Advanced search

Curvy Kate Bra Whisperer

(17 Posts)
Bobbins43 Tue 23-May-17 17:40:51

I was wondering if anyone had used the Bra Whisperer online bra fitting service and whether the size they recommended was accurate?

Bobbins43 Tue 23-May-17 21:46:39

Giving this a hopeful bump for the evening crowd...

TheSpottedZebra Wed 24-May-17 09:02:41

I haven't, but there are a lot of bra experts on MN so one will hopefully see this and help...

Redken24 Wed 24-May-17 09:04:23

Link?

Bobbins43 Wed 24-May-17 17:04:24

https://www.curvykate.com/t/bra-whisperer

Redken24 Wed 24-May-17 20:40:32

Tempted to give it a bash

Bobbins43 Wed 24-May-17 21:09:33

I'm wearing a 40F and they recommended a 36G which is a big difference...

Redken24 Wed 24-May-17 21:34:13

I sent the photos I wonder if it will take long? Have u tried a bra in that size?

Bobbins43 Wed 24-May-17 22:58:34

I haven't, no. The band measurement seems a lot smaller. It takes a week or so for them to get back to you

Redken24 Thu 25-May-17 07:38:15

I normally wear a 34G - I don't think it's too much of a difference really. Maybe depends all on bra style as well? What do you normally wear? I used to live in Freya deco until I had a baby lol.

Bobbins43 Thu 25-May-17 17:22:04

Some M&S ones I bought about two years ago blush

Redken24 Thu 25-May-17 18:34:40

You definitely deserve a new Bra then -I get a lot of mine quite reasonable on eBay? Brand new with tags must just be last season or something. X

Furball Thu 25-May-17 18:50:19

Have a read of the Bra Gurus blog

Measure yourself as per the guide and see if it matches

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html

But very common is the band is too big and the cup is too small, it feels tight as the boob is too big for the cup so steals the room from the band.

Redken24 Thu 25-May-17 20:58:20

My measurement from Furball link was a 32G.. hmm

Eclecticmama Thu 25-May-17 20:59:57

have you tried boob or bust on facebook? It's pretty accurate IMO

Frouby Thu 25-May-17 21:04:14

I have recently lost weight amd gone from a 38h to a 34J. When I first put the new size on it felt really tight. But after half an hour it was much more comfortable.

I have only bought 2 in that size so occasionally wear the bigger back smaller cups I still have. Within about 2 hours I want to rip them off. They dig in under my arms and on the shoulder straps.

Definetly measure and try the recommended size according to the bra guru.

Furball Fri 26-May-17 10:59:54

Believe in the measure redken - if it says 32, then thats what it says. - you don't add 4 inches ala M & S and co.

It will obviously feel tighter - because it is tighter, the band should be firm but not uncomfortably so, it should not be able to ping more than a couple of inches away from your body. The band does most of the support.

It may even leave a mark when you take it off, this is not wrong as such, but similar to if you took off a tight pair of jeans, or the tops of your socks etc.

It will feel odd wearing it as well, as you are not used to those pressure points. a bit like when you wore your first bra.

But honestly try it, you will be very pleasantly surprised. I went from a 38 C to a 34 FF and was at that time a size 16. (to give an example of body size in relation to band size smile )

You also need to scoop any under arm escapee boobage and usher it up front where it needs to be.

I would suggest a trip to Bravisimo who measure this way - you need to make an appointment before you go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now