Talk

Advanced search

Striped T-shirt Hell

(28 Posts)
HairsprayBabe Tue 23-May-17 14:11:53

I have recently lost a butt load of weight and now none of my favorite things fit me. I am trying to replace old faves but I am just getting cross because the shops are annoyingly not still selling the exact same clothes I bought 4 years ago, rude I know.

Any way - I am looking for a tight fitting 3/4 sleeve striped t-shirt with a low scoop neck in either navy/white or black/white, cream is also acceptable. I will consider other blues or reds, as long as I can get my basic black or navy.

Distance/thickness of the stripes isn't super important, and ideally I would like to spend £10-£15 or less for each t-shirt as I would like a few.

I cannot find what I am looking for anywhere, everything is too high in the neck or really thin material or is weird and baggy/slouchy! I feel like I am going mad.

Bought the previous ones from Matalan so not like shopping in a strange outhere place.

Where can I buy a stripped t-shirt that fits the above description that won't cost the earth? The only one close I have found was in John Lewis but I wince at paying £35 for a bloody t-shirt!

Any input would be appreciated!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 23-May-17 16:14:58

Possibly useless - I have some from Cos which fit your brief, but mine are mustard/white, green/white and grey/white and I'm not sure on other colours because I wasn't looking for them. I think they were £17.

jcscot Tue 23-May-17 17:02:12

Would this one do? It comes in a few colour combinations and was on a two for £40 offer. I have one and it's really good thick jersey that washes well.

www.mistral-online.com/clothing-c50/t-shirts-c6/bees-knees-tee-in-eclipse-p29469

Wetcappuccino Tue 23-May-17 17:04:05

La Redoute? The l'essential ones are nice thick cotton.

KatharinaRosalie Tue 23-May-17 17:09:50

My favourite striped t-shirts are from Boden - very nice thick material. Bit pricey but they have 25% off tomorrow, might be worth a look

Or there's a navy one here:
www.esprit.co.uk/womenswear/t-shirts/long-sleeve-tops-plain/striped-ribbed-jersey-top-997CC1K802_400

I have this one I think, full sleeve but otherwise very nice
www.esprit.co.uk/womenswear/t-shirts/long-sleeve-tops-plain/soft-long-sleeved-top-in-100-cotton-995EE1K912_415

imjessie Tue 23-May-17 17:24:51

I like joules and crew for plain t shirts . They aren't mega expensive and wash really well.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 23-May-17 18:38:44

I've got last year's from Zara, super cheap, washed and worn very well, no yellowing under the armpits. Sleeves are full length, though.

CherylVole Tue 23-May-17 18:39:55

the best is the Baukjen one - but its $$$

size down

fiorentina Tue 23-May-17 19:55:12

I second Cos for stripy tops, they are great quality and usually in lots of different colours.

HairsprayBabe Wed 24-May-17 08:25:21

Just had a look through all the suggestions

Cos look too baggy might work if i size down? A bit high in the neck for what I am after, decent price point though.

Joules are nice, but too high in the neck and a bit pricey.

The price of the bajuken ones made my eyes water

espirit ones are too high in the neck again - I am super fussy, very large of nork so hate anything that comes up high.

Found this in New look but wrong colour this is exactly what I want in black or navy.
www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/jdy-pink-stripe-1-2-sleeve-top-_526843879

The Mistral one is ok, looks sort of high at the neck, but I do like the arms what is the returns policy like for there? Might buy and send back if I hate it.

The Zara ones are too baggy/slouchy and high in the neck.

Have looked in pepperberry but the prices are too much for a tshirt for me. Will check out the Boden sale later today, might also try M&S and even bonmarche as I am really struggling!

Thanks for all the suggestions, sorry I am such a fuss pot!

choppolata Wed 24-May-17 08:26:12

Primark have some that are surprisingly decent quality and wash well.

daisygirlmac Wed 24-May-17 08:30:22

Have you had a look at TK Maxx? I got one from there, 3/4 sleeve with a scoop neck, lovely thick cotton. I think it's from Arabella and Addison. Have you looked at Gap?

DoorKnee Wed 24-May-17 08:34:17

Second primark, some of my longest lasting t shirts have come from there. I also have Boden which are great but they may be too high for you. Have you tried asos?

Maudlinmaud Wed 24-May-17 08:39:22

Primark all the way. You will find lycra tight fit in various necks, scoop, slash, round, v neck; in all colours and stripes. Have a look. I think they are great for casual wear.

HairsprayBabe Wed 24-May-17 09:15:47

Right will look in primark at the weekend, didn't even think of there! Annoying they don't do online stuff though. I also hate the scratchy plastic labels they have in primark now so will just have to snip them out.

Maudlinmaud Wed 24-May-17 09:19:13

No labels on t-shirts there. They have the size and style printed on the inside of tops now. Win! I hope you find something you like, I'm a big shopper and a bit of a label snob but I rate their t-shirts.

PhuntSox Wed 24-May-17 09:43:21

Seasalt have some.

NuzzleandScratch Wed 24-May-17 09:54:32

Have a look at Uniqlo, best t shirts around in my opinion, great quality & prices reasonable.

AteRiri Wed 24-May-17 10:00:06

Uniqlo.

FlindersKeepers Wed 24-May-17 10:36:21

Uniqlo

LizTaylorsFabulousTurban Wed 24-May-17 10:42:27

I second Seasalt. They have 2 for £40 at the moment which I know is a little out of your price range but I bought two last spring and they wash really well, no piling, still wearing them and they look good as new.

jcscot Wed 24-May-17 13:25:17

I've never had a n issue returning to Mistral but that's in store as I have one near me. I've never returned online. The neckline comes to about two inches past my collarbone, so it's a shallow scoop neck.

Spottyladybird Wed 24-May-17 13:30:51

What about this in Debenhams?

m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_028030811147_-1

HairsprayBabe Wed 24-May-17 13:30:58

Uniqlo is too high in the neck,

The striped ones at seasalt are too high in the neck.

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/tops-and-t-shirts/3_4-sleeve-tops-and-tshirts/cousin-jinny-organic-cotton-t-shirt-top_french_dot_cobalt.htm this is the exact shape I want though, but striped

HairsprayBabe Wed 24-May-17 13:33:06

YES!
That Jasper conran one is perfect! That is exactly it!
Thank you so much!!!

<orders 4>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now