Talk

Advanced search

Where are your sunglasses from?

(59 Posts)
LeggyMeggy Tue 23-May-17 11:35:14

Looking for inspiration. Usually spend £££ and am trying to be a bit savvy this time.

Went to TK Maxx at the weekend and saw a couple of pairs I liked but everything was so grubby and chucked about, I couldn't bring myself to buy them. They all looked second hand.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Myinsidesareallwrong Tue 23-May-17 11:37:41

I get mine from Boots. At least I am sure they are up to safety standards.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 23-May-17 11:37:43

Blue mirrored aviators from Next. Starting to look a bit tatty now and need a new pair but for £15, they did two summers easily. I wear them everyday in the sun too, driving cars and tractors!

skippy67 Tue 23-May-17 11:43:34

Next.

BurningViolin Tue 23-May-17 11:44:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeggyMeggy Tue 23-May-17 11:53:25

I've had Chanel, Rayban, Prada, Ralph Lauren in the past - am struggling with high street ones, nothing looks quite right. Tried M&S as thought they might have some nice autograph ones. Nope. Couldn't see anything in Next I liked. Thought Zara might be good but they didn't have any in store.

I'm really trying to like the cheaper ones because I know that the designer ones are rip offs but...!

Is there somewhere I haven't thought of looking yet?

buzzmoon Tue 23-May-17 11:55:11

I got a beaut pair from Oliver Bonas, were about £40

ZeldaWasMyGransName Tue 23-May-17 11:57:35

Breo, or Quay Australia. Both online. Both can be a bit batty fun looking grin

Bluntness100 Tue 23-May-17 12:01:39

I've a pair of ferregamo I keep in the car for driving and Ralph Lauren for other times. I do have a couple of cheaper aviators, but the difference I find is in the comfort level i.e. How they feel on your face and also the lenses. A good quality pair of lenses and they don't just darken everything down, you still see everying correctly just without the glare. Expensive but I think worth it for that.

LeggyMeggy Tue 23-May-17 12:02:08

Thanks Buzzmoon, that's a good place to check.

Zelda, buying online seems risky, how do you know they'll look good? I realise I'm massively overthinking this first world problem!!

Maudlinmaud Tue 23-May-17 12:04:08

I buy mine from tk maxx they are always displayed on the stand and look tidy. I recently bought two Oscar de La rental pairs and a pair of Ralph Lauren. Really cheap and unmarked. Perhaps you could try the website.

domesticslattern Tue 23-May-17 12:05:31

Do consider getting polarised lenses, it makes a real difference especially by water.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 23-May-17 12:08:41

H&m.

Mine never last long so no point buying expensive ones.

CrazyPrepared Tue 23-May-17 12:13:48

I have Rayban aviators and wayfarers, cheap sunglasses make my face sweat.

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Tue 23-May-17 12:15:26

Mine are Ted Baker - had them for about 18 months now and I love them.

botemp Tue 23-May-17 12:15:28

Provided you know what styles suit you, look at Yoox, the Outnet, and private sales sites for designer pairs without the TKmaxx grubbiness.

Les Specs and Komono make decent fashionable pairs at not outrageous prices, several stores carry them like Weekday.

ThreeForAPound Tue 23-May-17 12:22:58

I rotate designer and cheapo, depending on where I'm going and whether there is a chance I'll lose them grin.

I have lovely Prada sunnies that I bought full price, but also have Fendi and D&G ones from TK Maxx (online - cant bear faffing about in-store) and some decent cheapies from Next, Topshop and ASOS.

Oliversmumsarmy Tue 23-May-17 12:23:31

random oharmacy in the US. they fit over my glasses and are brilliant.

think they were about £5

ShelaghTurner Tue 23-May-17 12:28:12

Prescription Ray Bans from Glasses Direct.

Gunpowder Tue 23-May-17 12:33:19

I like &OtherStories sunglasses.

danTDM Tue 23-May-17 12:34:34

Mango, they are not bad!

LBOCS2 Tue 23-May-17 12:38:39

I usually go high-end but this time around I've got a pair from Boots - they actually had a surprisingly good selection (including branded glasses). I think they range from about £10-£100 but I ended up with a pair for £20! I also got a pair from Dune recently for £40, which was on a whim.

Longdistance Tue 23-May-17 12:44:12

TKMaxx online, hate the shops where everyone's poked at the stuff and got it grubby.

I also buy from Zalando online.

Hate shops blush

SandysMam Tue 23-May-17 12:48:30

Michael Kors do nice ones...mid price but look quite expensive. I find a nice pair of sunglasses and handbag really picks up simple outfits in the summer so worth investing IMO.

TobleroneBoo Tue 23-May-17 12:50:27

Mine are from M&S. I never really shop there but went in as was hunting for sunglasses and I love them! Had them years now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now