Talk

Advanced search

All you big bottomed pear ladies looking for the holy grail of shorts for summer get your sexy bums over here!

(9 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 23-May-17 10:38:34

Any pear shaped lady will know the utter despair of shopping for shorts for the summer. Well good news ladies, I have just ordered these beauties and they don't make me want to kill myself!

I am contemplating them in all 3 colours - will just have to hide the credit card bill from dh! grin

Girlywurly Tue 23-May-17 11:45:05

I've always run screaming at the thought of wearing shorts. Is it really possible to get a pair that look OK?

(But then my arse is about the size of a planet: probably big enough to have it's own gravitational field. grin)

Cakescakescakes Tue 23-May-17 13:25:26

They look at bit low rise at the front? What are they like in real life?

sweetheart Tue 23-May-17 13:27:18

Girly - My arse has it's own postcode lol

I think these are ok - I might even contemplate wearing them in this country!

Cake - I'm pretty sure they come up to about my belly button, I wouldn't say they are low rise - i detest anything low rise.

corlan Tue 23-May-17 13:30:10

Er.....they only go up to size 14! How is that a big arse?

sweetheart Tue 23-May-17 13:31:07

A size 14 arse is big if you have a size 8 top - it's about proportions and being pear shaped.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 23-May-17 13:31:51

I got a pair in sainsbury's TU that are very similar, go up to size 16+ and don't cost £45.
The trick is, I find, to get a slight flare to the leg so they fit round the bum but don't cling like cycling shorts?

sweetheart Tue 23-May-17 14:23:51

I totally agree - need to have a wide leg so they don't cling.

Cakescakescakes Wed 24-May-17 15:40:24

I got a pair in Next today as well. 'Boy Short' - wide in the leg, high enough in the rise and nipped in at the waist so no gaping for pears. Can be rolled up or down if you like a bit of extra leg length without full on frump knee short territory. Come in two colours. £20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now