Talk

Advanced search

Mascara ending up on face?

(20 Posts)
junglebookisthebest Sun 21-May-17 22:21:00

Why does this happen? I am pretty sure I'm not touching eyes as I wear glasses - so on the rare occasion I do put it on why do I find it on my face when after a few hours I nip to the loo and wonder how long I'be been looking like a panda...

shinynewusername Sun 21-May-17 22:22:21

Get a tube mascara - the sort you have to remove with warm water. Clinique does a good one.

mistermagpie Mon 22-May-17 07:24:59

Second the tubing mascara. I always ended up with panda eyes before I figured this out. I use Clinique lash power, but Estée Lauder double wear mascara is also tubing. There are probably some cheaper ones but I've never tried them. Remove with warm water - eye makeup removers don't work.

Sciurus83 Mon 22-May-17 07:30:17

Tubing mascara or waterproof

ShotsFired Mon 22-May-17 07:32:46

Putting mascara on too soon after moisturizer?

I'd never heard of this tubing stuff before I joined MN and even in tropical climates I stay panda free (I do use waterproof mascara)

mistermagpie Mon 22-May-17 07:56:10

I'd never heard of tubing mascara before Sali Hughes wrote about it. Neither of the ones I mentioned are advertised as 'tubing' (in fact when I mentioned it to the Clinique sales assistant she didn't know what I was on about) but they are definitely better for the panda eyes than regular mascara!

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 22-May-17 08:21:05

Fully agree tubing is the best I use the gold no7 one.

junglebookisthebest Mon 22-May-17 10:02:45

Thanks all - will check out the ones mentioned. I have just tried a new revlon one I got for christmas and it was all over my face. Each time i went to loo I had to wipe my face again - so can't be the moisturiser thing. Looks like i will have to go shopping for something new as my old mascara must be from before pregnancy!

nina2b Mon 22-May-17 10:08:35

Do not use it in the lower lashes.

nina2b Mon 22-May-17 10:08:53

...on

wowfudge Mon 22-May-17 10:09:58

Yep - don't put it on your lower lashes.

mistermagpie Mon 22-May-17 12:02:55

I put lash power on my lower lashes and it has never ever smudged.

ShotsFired Mon 22-May-17 13:17:48

One thing - do you do your lower lashes first? I used to do upper first and then always had smudges underneath. Now I do lower first and no smudging!

junglebookisthebest Mon 22-May-17 16:17:33

Actually I don't put on my lower lashes at all! Hopefully can check out those brands and prices later when kids asleep and I have a bit more time on the pc rather than mobile...

CakeThat Mon 22-May-17 18:28:15

I have exactly the same problem as you op mascara transfers to my skin under the eyes. I can confirm the tubing mascaras do work, I've tried the double wear one and the gold no 7, both of which stayed put all day. I wish I'd known about them sooner.

BandeauSally Mon 22-May-17 18:33:47

I have had this problem forever! I just thought it wasn't cheeks being too puffy or close to my eyes or something grin

Never heard of tubing mascara but guess what I'm buying on payday? grin

BusterGonad Tue 23-May-17 18:29:50

I find this happens if your skin around me your eyes is too moist, too much eye cream/BB cream etc. I always prime around my eyes before concealer. Works a treat and I wear mascara on lower lashes.

Aquamarine70 Wed 24-May-17 03:14:39

I have this problem. I just bought Mac Opulash & it seems to be fine with no smudging. I still found the Clinique one flaked & also Kevin Aucoin worked ok for a few weeks then flaked. The Estée Lauder one dries out really quickly after a few weeks. I have read mixed reviews on the Blinc mascara. The No 7 one seems to get good reviews. I am not in the UK so can't buy that one.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-May-17 07:40:26

I switched to waterproof to stop this happening.

Yellowaardvark Wed 24-May-17 11:01:19

I had this too until I discovered Este Lauder doublewear! I am a panda no more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now