Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hair rollers

(5 Posts)
Autumn0909 Sun 21-May-17 19:34:09

Can anyone recommend a good set of rollers for my hair? I have thick, almost elbow length hair and want that lovely bouncy hair so many celebrities have (think the Duchess of Cambridge).
I have a great wand I get curls with but I fancy trying something a bit different. I've tried some Babyliss heated rollers before but they were too small and just gave me frizzy hair.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Autumn0909 Sun 21-May-17 19:34:32

Oooh I should add I'm in the U.K.

AngelicaSchuylerChurch Sun 21-May-17 19:57:01

depending on how much you want to spend, cloud nine the o rollers are AMAZING but £££. Normal (unheated) Velcro rollers are effective but not as quick.

userofthiswebsite Sun 21-May-17 20:03:48

I've heard the Cloud Nine ones are the best but don't own them. I did buy Curl Pods (not Cloud Nine), Bablyiss I think, tried them once and didn't think that much of them. Just cut hair short so now redundant.

AngelicaSchuylerChurch Sun 21-May-17 22:50:05

I should add that I don't know your heritage but the o rollers are notoriously ineffective on very straight, thick Asian hair. I got my set when a friend sold them on to me cheaply having tried them twice, as they just wouldn't take in her hair. I noticed the other day that the lookfantastic sales page has this caveat too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: