Talk

Advanced search

eSalon - any one used them?

(8 Posts)
marthastew Sun 21-May-17 15:03:20

Has anyone used hair colour from eSalon and what did it turn out like? I am about to start colouring my hair and would be interested to know if it really is better than box dye.

bettybiggestballs Sun 21-May-17 16:24:39

I've used them twice now, have been really impressed with the quality. Also love their shampoo and conditioner, smell and texture is so much nicer than usual box dyes. Just been careful you don't accidentally sign up for the subscription, they do it quite stealthily.

marthastew Sun 21-May-17 18:20:33

I am tempted to try it.

SignOnTheWindow Mon 29-May-17 23:53:17

I have just used it and came on MN to find a solution for the revolting waxy residue it has left on my hair. My hair feels disgusting, despite shampooing twice. I slipped over in the shower too, because it has left a slippery, waxy film over everything. I will be avoiding this like the plague in the future.

Comedyboobs Tue 30-May-17 05:45:06

Have been using this for a while now, but will be going back to having it done at the salon as the residue is a bugger to wash out. Detox shampoo x5 was the only way to stop me looking like I'd poured a vat of oil on my head.

FixItUpChappie Tue 30-May-17 05:57:20

I used it and while the colour was fine (I got a few compliments on the shade), the the texture was hideous. I had to wash my hair at least 7 times and finally used dish soap to get it out confused. I've died my hair loads of times in my life and have never, ever had such a problem. Usually my hair is soft after - this dye left my hair feeling like sticky damaged hay. To add insult to injury, I cancelled my subscription and they still sent me another box and charged me for it. No thanks.

FixItUpChappie Tue 30-May-17 05:59:21

Dyed....bloody auto correct - anyway you know what I meangrin

raindropstea Tue 30-May-17 08:31:52

I watch a youtuber who swears by the stuff, but who knows if she's getting paid to say that. Her hair looks nice and shiny.

It sounds awful about the residue being left in your hair! Out of curiosity, did you go lighter or darker and how many shades lighter or darker did you go? Did you like the color?

I have always had my hair professionally colored with Goldwell or Redken color, but I was on holiday and used a Garnier box color and I was surprised at how much I like the color.. even better than the professional to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now