Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have The Ordinary foundation, how did you choose a shade?

(16 Posts)
MadameSzyszkoBohush Sun 21-May-17 14:06:05

Just that, there's so many that I don't know how to choose.

MadameSzyszkoBohush Mon 22-May-17 15:28:56

Bump.

Maudlinmaud Mon 22-May-17 15:32:13

Wayne goss gave a run down of compatible mac colours a few weeks ago. I think it's important to note they do gold as well as neutral and yellow tones. Mine hasn't arrived yet sad

Softkitty2 Mon 22-May-17 16:45:55

Yes if you google wayne goss he did a video on this and explained it. Basically you need to know your mac shade for reference.

The palest shade is still available in the spitafield shop. Everything else is sold out sad

MadameSzyszkoBohush Mon 22-May-17 17:56:59

Thanks both. Can you tell the MAC shade online or would I have to go to a counter?

Maudlinmaud Mon 22-May-17 18:21:17

Hi op I haven't worn mac foundation in years but have taken a guess at what would suit me. Like I said I've bought two of the coverage foundations but they haven't arrived and that was weeks ago.
You can get colour matched at any mac counter.

MadameSzyszkoBohush Mon 22-May-17 20:00:00

Thanks maud. I hope yours arrives soon.

Laquila Mon 22-May-17 20:14:39

They could do with some actual models on their website wearing the colours. I'm fairly pale when I haven't been in the sun (like now!) and neutral/yellow-toned, with naturally darkish blonde hair and grey/green eyes - I went for 1.1N and I'll report back when it's finally in stock!!

Maudlinmaud Mon 22-May-17 20:14:41

Have you ordered yet? I placed my order weeks ago, they sent an email re stock issues which they hope to resolve in the next few weeks/months. I ordered from Victoria heath (?) Not sure if it's sold in stores but if it is and you can go for that option I would. I'm still excited to try it grin

NurseButtercup Mon 22-May-17 20:20:02

I received mine today. I bought two shades of the serum foundation - which turned out to be a good call. One shade was too cool so a bit ashy, the other a litke bit too red so mixing is the perfect shade. But....I've broken out in spots and I rarely get spots.confused

Laquila Mon 22-May-17 20:26:58

Baaah Buttercup that doesn't bode well 😳

Maudlinmaud Mon 22-May-17 20:35:10

Did you break out as soon as you put it on? Damn bit worried now. Tbh I just took a punt because it was dirt cheap but didn't think it would compare to luxury brands.

Plumpysoft Mon 22-May-17 21:27:26

I got the full coverage foundation and it was really patchy and cheap feeling. Such a shame as I love their skincare.

MadameSzyszkoBohush Mon 22-May-17 21:36:23

Not yet maud - I'd heard it was sold out and still hadn't figured out my shade at that point. I'm on a budget atm so the price is v tempting!

SansaClegane Mon 22-May-17 21:40:39

I've got the serum foundation and I love it, very light, great texture. I chose the 1.1N just from the website. I'm pale, but I know there's even fairer skin out there so I didn't go for the very lightest. Was torn between the neutral and the pinkish and decided to go for the neutral. I think it's a good match. Took almost a month from placing order to receiving it!

NurseButtercup Tue 23-May-17 07:00:19

It was after approximately 5 hours wear that I noticed the spots and I was glowing like a lightbulb - looked greasy and oily. I'm a bit gutted because I had high hopes. I have normal skin but I reckon if you have dry skin this would probably suit you. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now