Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Sally Hansen air brush legs vs Vita Liberata body blur

(14 Posts)
hecallsmebunny Sun 21-May-17 13:42:23

If you've used them both, is body blur worth the extra money? It's bloody expensive but have a wedding coming up and I only like instant tan. Any other recommendations welcome. Thanks

hecallsmebunny Sun 21-May-17 19:35:43

Anyone? Or even a verdict on whether body blur is good?

Anchovies12 Sun 21-May-17 22:32:27

I've used both and can honestly say the bodyblur is worth the horrendous price tag! The Sally Hanson spray is quite a flat colour whereas the bodyblur is much more luminous and a more natural bronze colour. For a budget version I prefer the rimmel bb cream to Sally Hanson but the body blur beats them both hands down!

Anchovies12 Sun 21-May-17 22:33:04

3 for 2 at boots as well at the mo so makes it slightly better value!

hecallsmebunny Mon 22-May-17 06:07:34

Thanks Anchovies, might splash out then! I'm quite fair so guessing the light will be best. Saw medium in Superdrug yesterday and it looked pretty dark? Thanks for the tip on the Rimmell stuff too smile

Anchovies12 Mon 22-May-17 06:50:57

I'm fair and get medium, once it's on and blended our it's nowhere near as dark as it starts out so definitely test them both smile

hecallsmebunny Mon 22-May-17 09:19:38

Ok thanks for the tip!

CrispyBathTowel Mon 22-May-17 09:25:18

I second Rommel instant tan too. This is the one I use. I find Sally Hansen on its own a bit of a flat colour - it's more like a foundation for legs rather than a fake tan. I put the Sally Hansen on first to hide blemishes and then spray the Rommel on top of it. The Rommel would be fine on its own though.

www.boots.com/rimmel-instant-tan-airbrush-spray-medium-matte-100ml-10152527

CrispyBathTowel Mon 22-May-17 09:26:02

I've never tried the body blur though so can't comment on that!

hecallsmebunny Mon 22-May-17 11:11:04

Thanks crispy, might try that too as a more budget friendly every day option!

hecallsmebunny Tue 27-Jun-17 16:55:48

Had to come back and say I love body blur and it was worth it (got a 20% discount on lookfantastic to ease the pain slightly!) It looked so natural, even my sister who detests airbrush legs and thought it would look awful thought it looked incredibly natural and radiant! Thanks Anchovies for convincing me of it's worth (though I now wear it every time I get my legs out so might even have to get some more before the summer is out damn it!) grin

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Tue 27-Jun-17 16:59:35

Can I ask a question? Is the body blur a spray like the Sally Hansen or is it a creme? Is it easy to put on?

I find the Sally Hensen really easy to apply but like others, think the colour is a bit powdery and flat,

hecallsmebunny Wed 28-Jun-17 11:15:28

It's a cream (you can get Sally Hansen in a cream as well as a spray) and yes it's really easy to put on as long as your legs are well moisturised. I usually shave and moisturise my legs at night then it applies nicely in the morning, or wait a while after moisturising before applying as otherwise it tends to rub off a easily.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Wed 28-Jun-17 14:04:23

Thank you hecallsme. I'm going to give it a go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: