Talk

Advanced search

M & S next season now

(8 Posts)
herecomesthsun Sat 20-May-17 10:42:12

not now or ever I'm afraid.

Just make it stop.

Liiinoo Sat 20-May-17 10:48:49

It was featured in the Times earlier this week as a great piece!

I am 55, have a high disposable income and am fairly vain so could be their ideal customer but I cannot remember the last time I bought clothes in M&S. I do buy some shoes there as I have size 3 feet and they are one of the few retailers that stock shoes that fit me.

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 20-May-17 10:53:58

I would wear those trousers around the house if I didn't feel like sex and wanted to repulse my husband.

Floisme Sat 20-May-17 10:55:03

Yes hideous but some of the other stuff in the preview looks perfectly wearable to me. I particularly like the jackets and coats - a lovely chequered one with navy and red although probably a bit too distinctive. Also a tweedy shirt and matching wide leg trousers that remind me of an old photo of Katharine Hepburn. Of course only time will tell what the fabrics are like.

herecomesthsun Sat 20-May-17 10:56:37

These ones seem to be polyester.

Floisme Sat 20-May-17 11:00:25

I don't think it says in the preview what any of the fabrics are? (I'm talking about the whole preview, not just those trousers.) Plus the models are all posed so you can't really see the clothes properly. But I'm going to stay optimistic until I see them for real.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 20-May-17 11:11:35

I quite like the trousers, I have a few similar things in my wardrobe, but I wouldn't pair them with the matching tunic as that is a hideous look. I don't buy many things new but two of my best purchases in the winter were from M&S - a pink velvet trouser suit which I wore for Christmas Day and some real leather front panel leggings which are fab and the men's cashmere is always good. They are pretty hit and miss it has to be said but you can dig for the good pieces, and as I am only 22 I can guarantee none of my mates will be wearing the same thing!

Floisme Sat 20-May-17 11:22:21

Sorry, just realised your link is to a different preview blush I agree about those dresses but I'm through with dresses anyway - they're overated in my opinion. I thought you were talking about this preview which has caused some rage on other threads but which I quite like in parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now