Talk

Advanced search

Mascara help

(12 Posts)
viewsoftheshard Fri 19-May-17 21:49:41

I cannot find a single one that I love except for the horrendously expensive by Terry.

I've tried Benefit, Clinique, Dior, L'Oréal, Max Factor, Laurie Mercier etc but they don't seem anything special and how clumpy. Is it the way I'm putting it on?

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Fri 19-May-17 21:51:49

I swear by Max Factor Masterpiece. Non clumpy, easy to put on, brilliant brush. No other one compares.

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Fri 19-May-17 21:52:35

Ah I see you mentioned Max Factor. Did you try Masterpiece?

CormorantDevouringTime Fri 19-May-17 21:54:13

I've just bought this one.
It's pretty good IMO and not expensive esp if you get it on a multibuy offer so worth a shot.

Skooblies1 Fri 19-May-17 21:55:08

Watching with interest. I have literally just posted the same thing two minutes ago!!

HelenRose1111 Fri 19-May-17 21:55:09

Lancôme Hypnose Drama.....I use nothing else and I've tried them all.
Curl eyelashes first, apply a thin coat then curl again (careful that the first coat is dry or you'll rip all your eyelashes out!) then a second coat.

YoullNeverWeeAlone Fri 19-May-17 21:57:51

Lancome Hypnose either standard or Dolls Eyes is best I've ever found. Everything else clumps / smudges on me but these two.

Clinique High Impact is fantastic

viewsoftheshard Fri 19-May-17 22:25:51

Thank you everyone. I think I struggle because each brand has a couple of types and I don't really know until I try it. I'll give some of the recommendations on here a go.

SuperBeagle Fri 19-May-17 22:29:19

Bobbi Brown does the best mascaras, IMO.

The smoky eye mascara is my favourite (don't be put off by the name; it doesn't smudge or anything). The wand is a classic mascara wand - none of the gimmicks. And the formula is nice, so your eyelashes stay soft feeling and don't end up crunchy feeling. No spider lashes.

SuperBeagle Fri 19-May-17 22:30:09

(I hated Lancome Doll Eyes. It dried out in about 3 uses, but I'm willing to accept it may just have been the one I had - still, haven't been game to try it again).

redcaryellowcar Sat 20-May-17 05:15:01

Max factor 2000 calorie seems good for the price. I bought a much more expensive mac one and it was no where near as good as the mac factor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now