Talk

Advanced search

Please help me choose a new hairstyle

(10 Posts)
OpposableThumbs2 Fri 19-May-17 21:05:57

I'm desperately in need of a hair cut. I've lost quite a lot of weight in the last year so I think a re-style is in order. I'm very nearly 40 and a SAHM. What do you think I should go for? Thanks

burnishedsilver Sat 20-May-17 00:54:28

?

Intransige Sat 20-May-17 05:07:52

This kind of style?

I'd go for a short sharp bob with a fringe.

AtticusCactus Sat 20-May-17 05:58:44

I went from shoulder length hair to this. Loved it. It was easy to maintain but it did grow out quickly.
I've recently had another change and gone a pixie cut like Emma Watson. It's awesome and the first time I've ever had short, short hair.
I couldn't of gone for the pixie straight off though, this middle of road style was a good in-betweeny.

OpposableThumbs2 Sat 20-May-17 07:06:39

Thanks all. I like the one from Atticus best.
What about colour? I do have an urge to do something a bit wild.

Ktown Sat 20-May-17 07:14:03

A fringe
I actually like your cut/colour as it is but I think a fringe would look cool (disclaimer: I have one!)

OpposableThumbs2 Sat 20-May-17 07:23:07

I think my hair is too fine for a fringe, it would take away bulk from the rest of it and look even more lank.

I do love a fringe on the right hair though.

Intransige Sat 20-May-17 08:17:02

I think a dark ash brown would really suit your colouring if you want a change.

Mamia15 Sat 20-May-17 12:16:47

Love your hair colour - the style does need an update though. Make sure you ask for blunt ends when getting cut (love the atticus bob - I had one like this) as your hair is very fine. If you keep as much of the length as possible - use a texturising spray so that you can add waves to make it look a bit fuller and less lank.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now