Talk

Advanced search

Jacomo for men

(8 Posts)
MrsPeelyWaly Fri 19-May-17 18:23:35

My son is severely disabled. He's very tall. His medication means he is overweight. I am coming to the UK in a few weeks to buy him clothes as I'm fed up of buying them on line and them not fitting when we receive them. The cost of carriage is also really high. I found a store online called Jacomo and Im wondering if they do actual shops and if so where are they please?

Can anyone help?

Thank you

AwkwardSquad Fri 19-May-17 19:14:15

Hi, Jacamo does have actual shops, although we've found that there's more choice online. Useful to be able to touch and try stuff on in a shop, though!

Here's the store locator webpage: stores

Bluefrog26 Sat 20-May-17 00:24:59

There is a similar shop called high and mighty. A bit expensive but might have the size you are looking for.

LorLorr2 Sat 20-May-17 00:30:44

If you're looking to keep to a budget, you could try Primark and go for their larger sizes. In fact these days I think a wider range of sizes are available in shops in general, so any store with a men's section should hopefully stock something suitable for your son smile

Empireoftheclouds Sat 20-May-17 00:35:27

Please don't buy in primark if you want decent, well fitting clothes that survive longer than the first wash

Floralnomad Sat 20-May-17 00:44:33

Jacamo sizing is really generous IME and they are very good for returns , no hassle at all .

MrsPeelyWaly Sat 20-May-17 04:21:35

Thank you smile

He actually needs a fitting called 'big and tall' which is very common in the states but not so common elsewhere. People are very kind when it comes to rigging him out when they're there on holiday but no one has gone since his latest medication caused this huge weight increase despite the fact he goes to the gym 4 times a week and walks 4 km every afternoon. .

His gym clothes are still fitting him and looking ok but he's almost down to just a few t-shorts and shorts for going out. His house clothes are also ok as we keep him dressed down for comfort in baggy jersey shorts with a drawstring waist, and a comfy t-shirt.

Ive googled a whole list of companies but they're far apart from each other in real terms so I'll just order online now and have everything sent to my dads. And I'm taking some of his clothes with me so I can compare them to what gets delivered. I liked Jacomo though because they even do some of their t-shirts in long and extra long length and thats what our biggest problem is - his t-shorts being way too short. It is not a pretty sight grin

AwkwardSquad Sat 20-May-17 06:49:19

Jacamo stuff is good quality in our experience, and much better choice than High and Mighty. If he's both big and tall, high street shops certainly won't have sizes that fit him, unfortunately! Shopping can be very frustrating if you're a larger chap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now