Talk

Advanced search

Nip and fab glycolic pads and breakouts!

(10 Posts)
INeedAnAero Fri 19-May-17 11:52:26

First time I used them, I broke out in large painful spots on my chin.
I wasn't sure if this was due to the pads or hormonal, so I've used them during a different stage in my cycle this time, but got the same result.... Chin looks awful!

Is this reaction a normal part of the process and should I keep on using them in the hope of wonderful skin eventually?

Or should I think about using a different product more suited to my skin?

Thanks in advance!

Youranus Fri 19-May-17 11:57:09

My skin broke out in spots with those too, but the serum from the same range is wonderful stuff. Have been using it for over a year with no break outs thus far.

isletsoffrangipane Fri 19-May-17 11:58:02

It can be the skin 'purging' as it's exfoliated, or you may be sensitive to some ingredients.

INeedAnAero Fri 19-May-17 12:00:57

Oo lovely, thanks for the tip! smile

I wondered whether I needed to persevere with them and chin would clear up but not sure I can cope with any more lumps!

CremeDeSudo Fri 19-May-17 12:04:32

I recently started using their extra strong glycolic pads and also broke out. I stuck with it and they've cleared up. Shame about the latest hormonal few! angry

isletsoffrangipane Fri 19-May-17 12:04:51

It's up to you. What's the rest of your routine like? I use reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction for reference.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 19-May-17 12:11:25

I also found this, plus it made tiny thread veins appear worse on my face.

INeedAnAero Fri 19-May-17 12:25:21

Yes its the extra strong ones I've used too.

Routine is quite basic, hot cloth cleanse most days, tone and moisturise.

I think I need something to tackle my most congested areas though, mainly my chin.

coffeecakemum Fri 19-May-17 12:56:11

I highly recommend Paula's 2% BHA. What is your skin type?

coffeecakemum Fri 19-May-17 12:58:45

http://www.justaboutskin.com/2015/07/salicylic-acid-vs-glycolic-acid-for-unclogging-pores/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now