Talk

Advanced search

A good hair serum-ey thing? Like (the sadly discontinued) Tigi Shine Junkie...

(15 Posts)
ThreeForAPound Thu 18-May-17 16:58:59

I used to LOVE Shine Junkie, as it was a sort of lightweight gel that smoothed, de-frizzed and added shine. I can't find anything else like it.

Proper serums like Frizz Ease are horrible on my hair, no matter how light of touch I am with them. They're just too greasy and weigh my (straight, fine-but-a-lot-of-it) hair down.

Is there a magic potion I need to ono about?

Most grateful for any miracle product suggestions...

silkpyjamasallday Thu 18-May-17 17:11:06

Have you tried a hair oil? I have very frizzy curly hair and have started using show beauty oil on my hair and it is good at managing frizz and flyaways and smells lovely too. I hated stuff like frizzease which is essentially gel, the oil locks moisture in and helps keep its shape well. I also sleep in a silk turban so my hair doesn't get matted and fluffy in the night looks as good in the morning when I get up as it did when I went to bed now. Also stops cosleeping dd from yanking my hair to wake me up!

CaitAgusMadra Thu 18-May-17 19:18:49

I use Schwarzkopf Got2B All Star 10 in 1 cream. Fab stuff

pistachioandhoney Thu 18-May-17 19:54:43

M Moroccan oil is my go to hair serum.

KeratinWizard1983 Fri 19-May-17 15:21:13

Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil Treatment

abigboydidit Fri 19-May-17 15:22:39

I really like the Liz Earle one. Smells lovely too!

ThreeForAPound Fri 19-May-17 18:48:28

Thanks for all the tips, people!

Bit scared of hair oil, as my hair is VERY straight and although lots and lots of it, its fine. But willing to give it a shout.

Love anything that smells nice, so ill look into the LE one too

pistachioandhoney Mon 22-May-17 07:30:28

M is not really an oil, that's why I prefer it over other moroccan oils. It is a serum.

SuburbanCrofter Mon 22-May-17 14:36:33

I have a question, but do you apply hair serums (like M) after you have washed and dried your hair?

My hair is clean, shiny and well conditioned today, but its just....fluffy! Like when you wash a DC's toy in the washing machine!

pistachioandhoney Tue 23-May-17 15:27:50

I towel dry my hair and comb it, then apply a few squirts of M to my hands and rub hands together then run fingers through my hair to ends.

pistachioandhoney Tue 23-May-17 15:28:38

P.s. Ever thought about buying a silk pillow? My hair is lovely and smooth after a nights sleep on this. It's also fab for your skin.

Violetcharlotte Tue 23-May-17 15:44:05

Shine Junkie was the best hair product I've ever used!

The nearest thing I've found to it is Tigi's Dumb Blonde smoothing stuff (not just for blonde hair). It's not as good as Shine Junkie, but it's similar.

RhythmAndStealth Tue 23-May-17 16:15:29

John Masters Sweet Orange and Silk Protein styling gel. Lightweight gel that smooths and glosses hair without weighing it down. I have straightest, fine hair (but lots of it). If I let my hair dry naturally it has a few kinks. Smudge of this after towel drying and viola, no need to blow dry. Hair is shiny, glossy and smooth, straight but not poker straight. You only need a tiny bit so a bottle lasts like 6 months or more.

RhythmAndStealth Tue 23-May-17 16:15:45

Not viola, voila!

RhythmAndStealth Tue 23-May-17 16:16:36

Staightish not straightest. On fire today !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now