Talk

Advanced search

Dress me - panic (plus size edition)

(7 Posts)
cremeecossaise Thu 18-May-17 12:46:27

Last minute invite out with friends tomorrow night. All slim and stylish. I am very overweight atm (size 20, 5'10) and have no idea how to dress.

I'm pear shaped but currently have heuuuge breastfeeding boobs. I don't like showing my knees / calves.

I need the whole outfit - shoes, accessories etc. I'm a 'clear spring' for colours, apparently.

There's a big shopping centre near me so most high street shops would be an option. Would prefer as cheap as possible; currently losing weight pretty quickly so it's not an outfit I'll wear again.

Heeeeeeelp!

FauxFox Thu 18-May-17 13:07:58

New Look?
black wide leg trousers
orange top
or
floral top
or
pink top
and heels in a bright colour or pattern??

Teardropexplodes Thu 18-May-17 13:18:00

Black skinny jeans (New Look)

Top that skims loosely over tum. eg. www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/yellow-ring-trim-strap-back-vest_519183787

Heels

Clutch bag.

Nice hair and makeup - job done smile

cremeecossaise Thu 18-May-17 20:28:41

Thank you, you've set me off in the right direction.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Thu 18-May-17 20:38:21

Congratulations on losing weight firstly! Secondly, navy is your friend. Smart and classic. Very dark navy trousers, even jeans ok, slim leg but probably not skinny leg (Next have some great ones in at the mo with a bit of stretch and not too expensive) and a navy blouse (again, weirdly, Next have a really good linen navy blouse in right now, has flared sleeves but long bodied and smart) then you need a bit of colour maybe in a long necklace and shoulder bag? Then you need nice 'groomed' make up, not too ott, and a sleek blow dry if you can get it done in time. Finally, confidence in the fact you look great will make everyone else think you look great too! Have a nice night out!

Garlicansapphire Thu 18-May-17 20:53:59

I thought the New Look site had some other nice top options to wear with jeans and heels. I typically prefer black or dark tops - maybe thats a shame!

The black crochet top
www.newlook.com/shop/inspire-plus-sizes/tops/curves-black-floral-print-bardot-neck-top_523931809

The black flowery one
www.newlook.com/shop/inspire-plus-sizes/tops/curves-black-floral-print-bardot-neck-top_523931809

polyhymnia Thu 18-May-17 20:57:34

What to wear depends a bit where you're going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now