Talk

Advanced search

Film forming over bronzer, pressed powder etc. What can I do?

(7 Posts)
abigboydidit Thu 18-May-17 12:17:13

Just that really. I chucked out my blusher as a film developed over it and seemed to seal the powder away. I bought a new bronzer just a few months ago and noticed it didn't seem to be giving me much colour anymore - rubbed my finger over surface and again it seems sealed in! Am fairly new to make up and had put the blusher down to it being old but I have been using the bronzer and power most days and they are still pretty new! Is there anything I can do or do I need to throw them out? TIA!

Ollivander84 Thu 18-May-17 12:33:44

It's the oils in your skin transferring. Use the back of a knife to scrape the surface off smile until you get to new looking product

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 18-May-17 12:36:10

You could try gently rubbing it with a brillo pad, which will take the sealed bit away. If you wash your brushes/applicators often, it will not be as prone to this, as the applicators are picking up oil/moisturiser etc from your skin.

abigboydidit Thu 18-May-17 12:38:20

confused How grim! I am actually fairly good at washing my brushes regularly so clearly just have a greasy face blush I had a wee scratch with my fingernail but was aware it seemed to waste a lot. Scourer may be easier to control than a knife as I am clumsy as so I will see if I can dig one out and try that. Thanks!

abigboydidit Sun 21-May-17 17:01:40

Chatting to a mate about this today and she suggested I dab it with sellotape. Works a treat!

miffy2 Sun 21-May-17 17:19:07

I have a packet of mascara wands and I use one to scrape the surface of pressed powder products as needed. It also means I don't waste any as the bits that are scraped off are enough for that application.

abigboydidit Sun 21-May-17 18:49:12

I am just relieved I am not the only one it happens to blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now