Talk

Advanced search

tablet sized non leather bag

(10 Posts)
poppym12 Thu 18-May-17 10:46:16

Any recommendations please? Needs to fit Samsung galaxy tablet, charger and maybe a few other bits like phone, glasses and cash.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Thu 18-May-17 13:25:14

ASOS have an option where you can tick 'non-leather' for bags and shoes, but it is tricky. You used to be able to at least guess where to start as non-leather was much cheaper, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I've had a few decent ones from TK Maxx, but it's quite a trawl as there isn't a specific section and a lot of stuff is unlabelled.

Top Shop did great faux leather satchels a couple of years ago, but that was winter season and I haven't seen them for a while - maybe ebay for those?

Good luck - do post pics if you find any (I'm looking for a brown slouchy non-leather large bag which seems pretty impossible too sad ).

poppym12 Thu 18-May-17 19:44:44

Thanks down, I'll try asos. You're right, it used to be easier to find non leather bags and shoes as they were way cheaper. If you find a slouchy bag, let me know smile

CuddleAttack Thu 18-May-17 21:01:28

Matt and Nat or Trakke

CheapTarnishedGlitter Fri 19-May-17 04:06:31

I love my Matt and Nat satchel... They have a range of styles and sizes and mine has a specific pocket for my tablet. Get quite quite a few comments on the bag too!

poppym12 Sun 21-May-17 12:32:20

I've remembered a vegan brand I bought a bag from a while ago, Gracie Roberts, via asos. They have a couple of brown ones downhere.

Thanks for the matt and Nat recommendation. May have bought something completely different to what I was looking for grin.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 21-May-17 17:52:20

Matt and Nat is the best. I need a summer one.

GeekyWombat Sun 21-May-17 18:03:54

I was recently looking for something similar for my iPad Air and got given this Kipling Alvar bag in a gorgeous purple. It's the best bag I've ever had for carting my tech around www.amazon.co.uk/d/Handbags-Shoulder-Bags/Kipling-K1333580E-Womens-Alvar-Shoulder-Bag/B00EQ1RXCM?tag=mumsnetforum-21

It has room for purse, keys, sunglasses, deodorant, purse, tissues, pens, lip balm, and general detritus and the ipad too. What I love about it is if you look at the top of the bag there are two pockets. So I have everything other than the iPad in one pocket, and then the tech stays on its own. Plus I have a bad bag and bigger bags end up being filled with random heavy crap over a period of time. Even with everything in it this is really light and comfortable to carry. I'm pondering buying a second one in a more work-friendly colour.

Also I've slipped my Oyster card in the front pocket so I can blip through my bag. I feel like a Jedi when I get to the gate and it just opens...

It might be too casual looking for what you're after, but I love it.

GeekyWombat Sun 21-May-17 18:04:34

Cross post, spent so long typing (interrupted by toddler) that didn't see you'd got something!

poppym12 Sun 21-May-17 19:45:51

That would be ideal for the original purpose geekywombat, thank you. The matt and Nat one I bought 'just because'.

I have a 10" tablet but I've no idea of that's the same size as an ipad air (and whether it would fit comfortably in the kipling bag). I'm definitely after something I can keep a bit more organised as I'm fed up of having to rummage around in my sack of a bag for everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now