Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

tablet sized non leather bag

(11 Posts)
poppym12 Thu 18-May-17 10:46:16

Any recommendations please? Needs to fit Samsung galaxy tablet, charger and maybe a few other bits like phone, glasses and cash.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Thu 18-May-17 13:25:14

ASOS have an option where you can tick 'non-leather' for bags and shoes, but it is tricky. You used to be able to at least guess where to start as non-leather was much cheaper, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I've had a few decent ones from TK Maxx, but it's quite a trawl as there isn't a specific section and a lot of stuff is unlabelled.

Top Shop did great faux leather satchels a couple of years ago, but that was winter season and I haven't seen them for a while - maybe ebay for those?

Good luck - do post pics if you find any (I'm looking for a brown slouchy non-leather large bag which seems pretty impossible too sad ).

poppym12 Thu 18-May-17 19:44:44

Thanks down, I'll try asos. You're right, it used to be easier to find non leather bags and shoes as they were way cheaper. If you find a slouchy bag, let me know smile

CuddleAttack Thu 18-May-17 21:01:28

Matt and Nat or Trakke

CheapTarnishedGlitter Fri 19-May-17 04:06:31

I love my Matt and Nat satchel... They have a range of styles and sizes and mine has a specific pocket for my tablet. Get quite quite a few comments on the bag too!

poppym12 Sun 21-May-17 12:32:20

I've remembered a vegan brand I bought a bag from a while ago, Gracie Roberts, via asos. They have a couple of brown ones downhere.

Thanks for the matt and Nat recommendation. May have bought something completely different to what I was looking for grin.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 21-May-17 17:52:20

Matt and Nat is the best. I need a summer one.

GeekyWombat Sun 21-May-17 18:03:54

I was recently looking for something similar for my iPad Air and got given this Kipling Alvar bag in a gorgeous purple. It's the best bag I've ever had for carting my tech around www.amazon.co.uk/d/Handbags-Shoulder-Bags/Kipling-K1333580E-Womens-Alvar-Shoulder-Bag/B00EQ1RXCM?tag=mumsnetforum-21

It has room for purse, keys, sunglasses, deodorant, purse, tissues, pens, lip balm, and general detritus and the ipad too. What I love about it is if you look at the top of the bag there are two pockets. So I have everything other than the iPad in one pocket, and then the tech stays on its own. Plus I have a bad bag and bigger bags end up being filled with random heavy crap over a period of time. Even with everything in it this is really light and comfortable to carry. I'm pondering buying a second one in a more work-friendly colour.

Also I've slipped my Oyster card in the front pocket so I can blip through my bag. I feel like a Jedi when I get to the gate and it just opens...

It might be too casual looking for what you're after, but I love it.

GeekyWombat Sun 21-May-17 18:04:34

Cross post, spent so long typing (interrupted by toddler) that didn't see you'd got something!

poppym12 Sun 21-May-17 19:45:51

That would be ideal for the original purpose geekywombat, thank you. The matt and Nat one I bought 'just because'.

I have a 10" tablet but I've no idea of that's the same size as an ipad air (and whether it would fit comfortably in the kipling bag). I'm definitely after something I can keep a bit more organised as I'm fed up of having to rummage around in my sack of a bag for everything.

Harri88 Sat 06-Jan-18 23:34:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: