Talk

Advanced search

Dandruff advice - HELP!

(13 Posts)
jumpingjack12 Thu 18-May-17 10:40:59

Not the most glamorous of topics I know! But I'm desperate. Since having my LO my hair has changed - specifically my scalp! And I wanted to know if anyone has any advice for treating dandruff or dealing with it or even just styling it - whatever I do, it looks rubbish. Thanks!

owenjonesismyhero Thu 18-May-17 22:26:36

Neutrogena t-gel shampoo, head and shoulders?

ImaLannister Thu 18-May-17 22:37:05

Neutropenia TGel defo. It's all I use. That and a cheap anti dandruff for 89p from quality save just to change it every now n again as your head becomes immune to it if you just use same one constant. You leave the neutropenia on for a good 10 mins, massage it into your scalp then leave it on for a bit.

ChangingStates Thu 18-May-17 22:50:57

Mizoram anti-dandruff shampoo is the only thing that works on mine- use it a few times in a row and then just once every 2-3 weeks

ImaLannister Fri 19-May-17 00:51:51

I meant Neutrogena! * spelling error damn dictionary

nellifurtardo Sat 20-May-17 07:46:16

Loreal have a new anti dandruff range, its in a green bottle, its the only one that seems to be working for me at the moment.

vjg13 Sat 20-May-17 07:57:25

Philip Kingsley itchy scalp one.

CarcerDun Sat 20-May-17 08:00:04

The body shop do a really nice ginger shampoo for dandruff, I have scalp psoriasis and can't use normal dandruff shampoos as they are too harsh. The body shop one is lovely and gentle, and smells nice too.

PootlewasthebestFlump Sat 20-May-17 08:03:37

I had lifelong dandruff or scalp psoriasis that nothing fixed until I was diagnosed at the age of 41 with B12 deficiency.

As soon as I started the injections it went and has never returned.

IMO persistent dandruff that does not respond to surface treatments should warrant investigation especially if you've not long given birth - a prime time to become deficient in B12

Ktown Sat 20-May-17 08:08:03

Prior to washing pour some dilute cider vinegar through
Appears to work!
Dandrufff is caused by fungus so you need to ensure your roots are dried quickly after washing as warm damp conditions make it worse

HotSteppa Sat 20-May-17 08:10:22

Head and shoulders works for me. Without it my scalp is flakey and itchy in a couple of washes.

As an aside I have recently started dying my hair and find the colour is being stripped from my hair really quickly. Apparently head and shoulders is renound for this. Anyone recommend an anti dandruff shampoo for coloured hair? Sorry to hijack OP!

mummy80317 Sat 20-May-17 08:14:09

Wella system professional clear scalp shampoo!

CFranS Sat 20-May-17 08:17:25

I was searching for a similar post a while a go and read lots of recommendations for the Body Shop ginger shampoo. I bought it about a month ago and have found it works - yay! - have tried so many others in the past which did nothing to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now