Talk

Advanced search

Best face moisturiser

(10 Posts)
Bluebeedee Thu 18-May-17 08:48:49

Any recommendations?

Currently using burts bees sensitive day moisturiser, previously used Clinique. Both are fine, no problems. Something ethical/fewer chemicals would be preferred.

Elphaba99 Thu 18-May-17 08:51:24

Decleor Harmonie Calm is gorgeous. Quite pricey though, bit more expensive than Clinique.

sergeantmajor Thu 18-May-17 14:30:15

I like Antipodes Avocado night cream, seriously moisturising, nice and natural.

silkpyjamasallday Thu 18-May-17 14:34:27

Herbivore botanicals Lapis oil has completely changed my skin after two weeks of daily usage. I got the rollerball small size to try it out and it still looks full so was definitely worth the cost. It has sorted out my red cheeks and smoothed my skin texture beyond belief, my skin feels hydrated all day and it sinks in so quickly so doesn't feel greasy at all. Amazing stuff and no nasty chemicals.

CuddleAttack Thu 18-May-17 14:35:57

Lily Lolo just launched a day cream and a night cream. Ordered samples of both, was impressed, ordered full size ones. Still impressed about a fortnight in.

They're cruelty free, vegan, largely natural ingredients, but with enough of a nod to tech end of the market for me (i.e. Sodium hyaluronate is included). Also only £20 each for a decent size, so cheaper than Clinique.

I do like the night cream a bit more than the day cream, it's a bit richer and more hydrating. I could see me just buying that one next time round, using as both a day and night moisturiser. That said, by the time I've used up the first set, my skin might have balanced out so the lighter day cream is fine by then.

So I could see how someone who just wants a light moisturiser could buy just the day cream for double duty , as well as someone like me with dehydrated skin leaning toward the night cream as an all rounder.

I've been searching for something cruelty-free, natural, effective and no more than £30 for about 3 years, and this is the first thing that is both effective and the right price. Had stuff that was good, but just couldn't stretch to it regularly, also stuff that was the right price but not effective (too greasy, or not hydrating enough, or relied on shea butter which gives me spots). So really pleased with these.

UnaPalomaBlanca Thu 18-May-17 14:41:01

Simple range of moisturisers are brilliant - and cheap. Great basic moisturisers but add a serum/ treatment for jobs other than moisturising.

SomeOtherFuckers Thu 18-May-17 15:06:04

Cetaphil or aveeno have beaten anything high end I've tried smile

Neverknowing Thu 18-May-17 15:10:36

The 'B.' Range from Superdrug is really good and I usually use Clinique dramatically different, I've swapped now it's much cheaper and I like it better. A lot of good ingredients that are in more expensive products too.

Walkingtowork Thu 18-May-17 16:02:42

All Nivea creams suit me. I can't believe how cheap they are for the quality.

bluebiro Thu 18-May-17 16:11:53

I really love Charlie Locks moisturiser - it's a fairly new brand which I found out about as I used to live locally. Most moisturisers don't last long on me or trigger spot outbreaks, but I find this brilliant and really soothing. (I much prefer the cream over the lotion.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now