Talk

Advanced search

Wide flat shoes for summer

(27 Posts)
SesameSparkle Wed 17-May-17 21:53:44

Can you please help me find wide shoes, smart enough for work (office smart-casual), heels as low as possible, with some means of staying on my feet?

I've been wearing boots all through the winter, but it feels a bit too warm for them now. I don't feel it's hot enough for sandals yet (but nearly....), and in any case I'd like something closed toe to wear on rainy days. Ballerinas and loafers won't do. Brogues might be OK, although Clarks Hamble Oak (which I already own) feel a bit too high for the amount of walking I do. Some sort of flat Many Jane's would also be ideal. I've already got clarks ones like this, but alas they are standard width and they cut across my broad toes. I fit into m&s wide and clarks wide, but don't think I've seen anything on their sites. I'd like leather and something that isn't too frumpy please!

SesameSparkle Thu 18-May-17 08:15:05

A good morning bump! Does such a thing I'm looking for exist? smile

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 19-May-17 08:28:12

Have you tried Hotter? They're v comfortable (but styles can be a bit dowdy). I have a pair of v solid ballerinas from there.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:10:59

Hi thanks very much for your reply. I have tried hotter - and some styles are definately nicer than others - but unfortunately find their shoes tend to come up a bit narrow on me.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:31:59

Ah, I see now that Hotter do actual wide fit shoes. I think the most non-frump ones for what I need them are probably the loafers.... But sadly not what I'm looking for.

MuchBenham Fri 19-May-17 18:38:06

Have you tried Aldo OP? I know it sounds unlikely, but their shoes come up quite wide (I have really wide feet and I've had a few nice pairs from there).

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:39:28

Has anyone seen these Dune brogues in real life? Not exactly summery, but I'm wondering if they'll work whilst it's still tights weather.

JaneEyre70 Fri 19-May-17 18:42:38

I've got some fitflop ballerina style and adore them...they're wide, and I find them incredibly comfortable to wear all day as they are designed to keep your feet at the right angle.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:49:04

No, I haven't ever shopped in Aldo Much. From a quick look, they have a couple of flat brogue styles. There's not one near me, but I'll definitely look out for it next time I'm in the bigger town.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:51:03

This looks summery for a closed shoe: Aldo. although there's not really a good angle of photo of the toe box, so it might be narrow.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 18:55:47

Jane, thanks. Looking at the fitflops and I can see what you mean about the angle thing. I think I'd prefer something a bit less 'built up' though.

memyselfandaye Fri 19-May-17 18:58:36

Try Curvissa, JD Williams, Evans, Yours, Simply Be and Fashion World.

They all do E, EE and EEE fittings.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-May-17 19:16:38

Thank you memyself, that gives me a few more to browse.

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 19-May-17 22:52:46

Dr Martens do some Mary Janes that are very comfortable on wide feet, although quite heavy at first, before you get used to them.

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 19-May-17 22:53:44

(I used to wear them when I worked on my feet all day and found them really comfortable and stable)

tissuesosoft Fri 19-May-17 22:58:18

New Look, Dorothy Perkins and Primark also have a wide fit shoe range.

OutandIntoday Fri 19-May-17 23:03:59

Gabor are a wide fitting make- they are more expensive than high street stores own make bit worth it imo. I recommend the Ascari loafers
www.amazon.co.uk/Gabor-Ascari-N-Womens-Loafers/dp/B009L03DAY?tag=mumsnetforum-21
- not this season so prob only online only but are are hugely comfortable - I'm on my second pair and can walk miles in them. Definately smart enough for smart/ casual work and they can also be worn with dresses and skirts - what is not to love about them! . I take an M&S wide fit and they are great on me- true to size too.

Fozzleyplum Sat 20-May-17 05:56:38

Look at Hassia, a German make, on the Peter Hahn website. They do a G fitting and the shoes last for ages.

Intransige Sat 20-May-17 06:12:53

I have wide feet and I need a decent amount of support (high instep, dodgy arches). I have orthotics from a podiatrist that I wear if I have to do a lot of walking, and I use shoe stretching foam to make leather shoes fit properly. I found this works better than looking for wide fit shoes. Although Dune wide fit are nice and Asos has a wide fit category that occasionally has some good options.

millifiori Sat 20-May-17 08:45:47

Have you tried M&S footglove range in wide fittings? They are so comfortable, I can even spend all day in the high heels, so I'm guessing the flatter styles are good for walking.

SesameSparkle Sat 20-May-17 11:12:14

Ooh, more replies. smile

Thanks tissue. Nothing in new look. Have just browsed all of dotty ps wide online and the only thing I like there are some sparkly sandals <strokes shinies>.

outandin thanks, I had forgotten about Gabor, they mostly look like slip ons/ballerinas in their collection at the moment though.

fozz, thanks, I will look

intra thanks, I have also used that shoe stretching stuff. I also had success recently with dune wide (sandals). Nothing on asos just now either (except sandals..... hmm)

milli thanks, have already looked online at m&s

Right I'm going to go into town this afternoon and have a browse along the high st, see if anything turns up. I'm wondering if there are any specific styles or brands within the likes of schuh or office that might work?

Intransige Sat 20-May-17 11:58:35

These look wide-ish? I generally find Nine West aren't horribly narrow.

WindwardCircle Sat 20-May-17 12:02:01

Next do a surprisingly good range of wide fitting shoes, only online though.

Theycalledmethewildrose Sat 20-May-17 12:35:32

I have deck style shoes from Aldo. They sound horrendous but they are seriously comfortable on my wide feet. I suspect though that if I wore them to walk any distance , they would loosen so my heel would come out with each step.

Can you have different shoes for walking and then change when you get to your destination?

Wineandcoffee Sat 20-May-17 12:39:46

Garbor do wide fit shoes, but they're not particularly cheap - they are extremely comfortable though.

www.gaborshoes.co.uk/womens-c1/shoes-c2/wide-t8#page2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now