Talk

Advanced search

Gel nails at home

(5 Posts)
jelly10 Wed 17-May-17 19:54:15

I've never had gel nails but I'm thinking of asking for one of the at home diy kits for my birthday. Any hints and tips on whether they're any good and which one to get? Are they easy to use? And do they wreck your nails?? Complete novice here so any advice appreciated!

jelly10 Wed 17-May-17 20:52:39

Anyone?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 17-May-17 21:05:22

No nail covering/enhancement damages nails, over buffing the nails & scraping it off damages nails.

HouseOfGoldandBones Wed 17-May-17 21:07:02

I do my own gel nails.

I really rate the Bluesky range of polishes.

I didn't buy a kit though, I bought everything separately.

I bought a lamp, then base coat, top coat, a couple of colours, and finishing wipe.

It doesn't wreck my nails at all, but you do have to remove the polish properly (no picking it off).

Before you shell out though, I would suggest going to a salon & having them done, just to see if it's for you.

HollyJollyDillydolly Wed 17-May-17 21:14:22

I use an led lamp at home with bluesky gel colours. They last well on me, I usually remove after 2 weeks or so as you can see the regrowth then. I use the gel remover soaked in cotton wool on the nails them wrap in foil and leave for 15mins, it'll just come away from the nail. Definitely no picking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now