Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Suit......I'm getting a tache!

(19 Posts)
Knittedfrog Wed 17-May-17 17:14:57

Help me. I've started getting a bit of a 'tache. It's getting noticeable. I'm not a make up wearer and not big on a regime. I do cleanse, moisturise etc but this has floored me.
What's the best/easiest way to get rid of it?

flibberdy Wed 17-May-17 17:16:45

I think it's best to wax/thread rather than shave/immac as it will get rid from the root and then (hopefully) the hair will grow a j finer.

I'm no professional though!

PhyllisWig Wed 17-May-17 17:19:28

I'd say thread or one of those boingy springy things. Waxed no gives me spots and seems to wear my skin a bit.

I am immacing atm to give the skin a break from having things torn from it and burning it instead

statetrooperstacey Wed 17-May-17 17:34:29

Rip it out out! One Way or another, it's quick and cheap and effective. Threading or waxing. I would go for threading personally.

321zerobaby Wed 17-May-17 17:38:48

IPL at a salon, if you are fair skinned with dark hair.

Deathraystare Wed 17-May-17 17:40:36

Everytime I think to go see the nearest beautician who waxed my tash once she seems to be shut! I will try tomorrow.

I've just developed a bit of a moustache (although dp tells me I'm imagining it) and bought some Immac stuff. It's okay - was at least a month before I needed to repeat apply (only used twice, so far).

Kimonolady Wed 17-May-17 17:55:07

Depending on your skin tone, could you bleach? Obviously wouldn't work if you're darker skinned, for example Asian, but if you're white, bleaching the hairs white basically makes them disappear against the skin. Much less hassle than waxing/threading, and cheaper too! Just pick up a tub of Jolen.

taybert Wed 17-May-17 18:34:55

The springy thing is good. Slightly painful....

Knittedfrog Thu 18-May-17 05:44:56

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I'm edging towards immac as that looks like the easiest solution.
Bit worried it's going to leave me with a different skin colour where I've removed it!

Bluebeedee Thu 18-May-17 08:50:29

I would bleach it, much easier than waxing/threading

Sallyswot1 Thu 18-May-17 08:58:51

I bleached when I was a teen. Went from dark to bright ginger. I've splashed out on laser removal, as I'm fair skinned with dark hair. I've previously waxed. Don't touch the area for several hours after though, or you'll develop a rash/ spots. And don't do it before going somewhere important in case your top lip turns red😱

tobee Thu 18-May-17 13:48:23

You might have to experiment. I mostly use Jolen bleach and it works well, didn't go ginger for me. But takes time.

tobee Thu 18-May-17 13:50:43

Btw if you immac use sensitive. I was once desperate and un a big hurry. My upper lip bled with the reaction*. Not* a good look! shockshockconfusedconfused

MrsSpenserGregson Thu 18-May-17 13:50:49

I've been using a combination of Jolen bleach and plucking stragglers with tweezers.... Works fine for me, I have dark hair and pale skin which tans easily and I don't get an obvious pale line along my top lip in the summer thank goodness!

MrsSpenserGregson Thu 18-May-17 13:51:36

Jolen bleach turns my black hairs white blonde in ten minutes btw

Knittedfrog Thu 18-May-17 20:52:31

I really don't know what to go for.
I don't want a pale patch where I've removed it or a ginger tache.
I don't like getting old!

MumBod Thu 18-May-17 22:01:40

Veet it off.

shebagthehag Thu 18-May-17 22:20:01

Think it's a personal preference thing, try each and see works best for you

I hate removal cream as I feel stubly on regrowth

Threading I love but it just hurts to bloody much

Shaving no no

Waxing I do once a week and pluck out the odd stray but I do get the occasional spot but I'm spot prone anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now