Talk

Advanced search

Does this exist:trench coat with a hood?

(21 Posts)
Bumblebzz Wed 17-May-17 16:19:42

I need a rainproof smart coat for work, but I just don't see the point in a trench coat as I'd always need an umbrella for my head/hair.
Has anyone seen a trench coat type coat with a hood anywhere? Alternatively I guess a smart- ish raincoat would do.. With the wet but warm weather we're having I can't benne only person needing one! Thanks in advance for any tips...

nina2b Wed 17-May-17 16:36:18

I don't think trench coats come with hoods -especially not the stylish ones. I may be wrong, though!

MoragG Wed 17-May-17 16:37:32

Try Zara:

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/view-all/long-trench-coat-with-hood-c719012p4574065.html

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/view-all/water-repellent-parka-c719012p4382502.html

PhyllisWig Wed 17-May-17 16:54:04

There is a company called happyrainyday who sell these. I can't make up my mind about them but some of the plainer ones may work? I haven't bought from them so can't recommend and they aren't cheap but maybe worth considering?

Also joules maybe worth a look?

I have a very similar problem - want to look smart without a brolly. Sigh - when my mother was my age she had hoods on everything I swear!

HeyMicky Wed 17-May-17 17:14:17

I'm wearing one right now from La Redoute. Very plain, no belt, hood

QuimReaper Wed 17-May-17 18:13:24

Hey is this yours? One of the reviews says it comes up small and isn't waterproof, what was your experience?

I never understand coats with hoods that aren't waterproof confused

SuperFlyHigh Wed 17-May-17 18:26:11

Just coming on to warn, I bought a Zara raincoat with a hood about 3 years ago. The buttons were so badly sewn on, on the hood to connect the hood to the coat which was buttoned onto the coat part that the buttons came off meaning you couldn't attach the hood to the coat with the buttons (yes that was long winded!).

Years ago in a department store I got a sort of old fashioned well made coat with hood sewn on, can't think of the make but it was very well made.

Therealslimshady1 Wed 17-May-17 19:09:49

I got an £££ one from Aigle 5 years ago, still my best coat ever! Smart yet proper waterproof, and hooded

toboldlygo Wed 17-May-17 19:20:51

I also have an Aigle one with a hood - www.aigle.com/en_uk/attalea-44037.html

Bumblebzz Wed 17-May-17 19:28:57

Thanks everyone, looking up all the links now.
Never heard of Aigle before!

pointyshoes Wed 17-May-17 19:31:43

I've got one from Happy Rainy Days. It is quite smart - definitely a trench coat rather than a Parka. The hood rolls up into the collar so it's hidden away most of the time and then the coat looks like an ordinary trench, not shiny or anything. It is however completely waterproof. I got a plain stone coloured one and I use it a lot rather than trying to remember an umbrella.

HeyMicky Wed 17-May-17 19:44:40

@QuimReaper Yes it is. And neither of those things is true

RoganJosh Wed 17-May-17 19:47:54

Boden usually do a rainy day coat like this

m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-coats-jackets/coats/we601/womens-anna-mac

FatCatFaces Wed 17-May-17 20:06:53

I have a lovely looking one from Burberry. However, it lets the rain in and seems to cling on to stains. Not recommended angry

FizzyFeet Wed 17-May-17 20:22:35

Try Protected Species. I have the trench style - it's smart, well made and waterproof. However because I have quite a long stride and it lacks a bit of material at the bottom (and doesn't fasten all the way down to the bottom) I do get soggy knees in very heavy rain.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 17-May-17 20:25:36

I have a navy trench with a hood by Michael Kors. I think the hood it detachable but I always wear it attached. It wouldn't be considered waterproof though, more shower proof

ShoesHaveSouls Wed 17-May-17 20:29:25

If you have cash to splash there's this one www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/ink-hooded-zip-trench/9355

Want2beme Wed 17-May-17 20:41:24

Bit pricey, but Burberry has a few.

StarUtopia Wed 17-May-17 20:45:15

I"m wearing a lovely one - from Fat Face. Black trench coat with a belt and hood.

Bumblebzz Wed 17-May-17 21:22:15

Wow all your posts are so helpful thank you!
I'm relieved hooded trenches do exist after all smile
Off to browse all the links above...

BurningViolin Thu 18-May-17 12:12:03

Another vote for Aigle. Smart, waterproof and hardwearing. I have a belted one in grey-blue and it's lasted years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now