Talk

Advanced search

Light coverage foundation or BB cream for pale skin?

(20 Posts)
MoonlightMojitos Wed 17-May-17 16:12:10

Can anyone recommend one?

I usually use a max factor foundation under mineral powder foundation as I had bad skin but (I hope I don't jinx myself) it's cleared up loads lately. The mineral foundation isn't quite enough though without using quite a bit in layers and feels a bit flat then so I'd like a bit more of a base.

I've tried a few different ones now but they're all too dark or orange.

RosemaryPotato Wed 17-May-17 16:19:22

I just started using this not too long ago and am pretty in love with it. My only gripe is that you have to use a separate moisturiser since it doesn't quite work as an "all in one".

tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-bb-tinted-primer-nspf

NutellaCookie Wed 17-May-17 17:34:23

Missha bb cream. It's from Korea so excellent for pale skin. I wear shade 21.
It gives light to medium coverage.

I discovered it about 3 years ago and haven't found anything else that compares.

statetrooperstacey Wed 17-May-17 17:40:08

I use a Nivea tinted moisturiser in medium, I'm quite pale. It's under a fiver and makes a huge difference, pretty much gives me 'new skin' very natural. Most of the supermarkets sell it. Sometimes you can grab it for £2.99. Can't recommend it enough.

KnockedOutByMyNungaNungas Wed 17-May-17 17:42:13

Body Shop tea tree BB cream in the lightest shade - about £8, I've been using it every day since Christmas and it's still not ran out, I think the bottle is endless!
Gives the skin such a healthy glow and is light and airy but also covers up little flaws, It's amazing!

MissPatty Wed 17-May-17 19:59:48

No7 Stay Perfect Superlight in 'Calico' is lovely and light on my pale skin, it's my go to summer foundation. I've found the BB creams I've tried are too dark and leave me a bit greasy

MoonlightMojitos Wed 17-May-17 20:49:17

Thanks ladies! I will still use moisturiser underneath anyway as I'm funny about uva protection and most foundations/bb creams only have uvb so that's fine smile. I'll check these out! MissPatty I use no7 moisturiser but I've never actually tried any of their make up so I'll definitely check that one out. I wouldn't have even thought to try body shop!

QueenieGoldstein Wed 17-May-17 20:50:53

I'm very pale blue and use Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51, gives a lovely glowy light coverage. I have dry skin and it's perfect for that.

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Wed 17-May-17 21:00:21

Misscha 21 was too white on me, but Bourjois 51 is very orange.Diorskin nude bb in ivory (I think) is a bit too light but I mix it with Armani luminous in 4 and that's perfect.
I sound like a bloody Dulux catalogue!

MoonlightMojitos Wed 17-May-17 21:16:50

😂

Deadsouls Wed 17-May-17 21:19:57

I've been using M&S autograph Daily Defence

www.marksandspencer.com/tinted-daily-defence-spf-30-dd-cream-30ml/p/p22352410?&mcptredirect&edcredirect

They do a light version. It's a light coverage. And spf 30 too

MadameSzyszkoBohush Thu 18-May-17 21:50:59

Effaclar Bb blur from la Roche posay.

User06383 Thu 18-May-17 21:51:36

Laura Mercier

junglebookisthebest Thu 18-May-17 21:57:54

Something I picked up on a previous mumsnet thread and am loving - I mix some of my mineral powder (I have a laura mercier one) with my moisturiser in the palm of my hand and use that. Its so quick and easy and for some reason seems to give a more even and better coverage than when I did them separately.
(Am very pale and always struggled to find a foundation that matches my pale skin but still allows my freckles to show through naturally)

TheHuntingOfTheSarky Thu 18-May-17 22:00:05

I use IT Cosmetics or Darphin CC cream. Both have SPF 50 I think. Also Chantecaille tinted moisturiser in Alabaster is utterly gorgeous but pretty pricey.

Nicketynac Thu 18-May-17 22:04:03

I use Missha BB cream in 13. Think I might be very, very pale!
I bought the lightest shade of The Ordinary Serum Foundation this week - really pale, even for me - but not a lot of coverage. They do another one which has more coverage but I haven't tried it yet.

Aquamarine70 Fri 19-May-17 09:15:15

I use Laura Mercier Oil Free

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Fri 19-May-17 14:30:23

I love the Dr Jart one. It's about £25 but lasts and lasts.

HelenRose1111 Fri 19-May-17 22:12:23

I'm desperate to order the Ordinary foundation but all out of stock!
NicketyNac, would you recommend it?

Nicketynac Sat 20-May-17 16:18:53

The coverage of the serum one is very light which I don't mind but I think it wouldn't be enough for many people. I don't know if it is buildable because I am never able to do that without looking caked in makeup so haven't tried. Didn't settle in my lines and didn't make my oily skin any shinier than usual. I think it is cheap enough to take a gamble on!
I'm hoping the other one will have a bit more coverage but not sure when I will receive it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now