Talk

Advanced search

Good funky tights

(6 Posts)
MeadowHay Wed 17-May-17 15:43:10

Hi, I need to buy some tights and would like some funky patterns and colours. I rip my tights very quickly, sometimes after one or two wears, but I do try and buy cheap tights as I'm definitely on a budget. But does it worth out more cost-effective in the long run to spend more so they don't rip straight away or does that not make a difference? I'm very clumsy (autistic) so that's no doubt partly why I rip them and also I have eczema so itch my legs and if I catch a nail on it, bam, rip -.-

Any suggestions for affordable but good quality brands?

BlackadderBells Wed 17-May-17 22:28:43

I would go for Wolford tights - great selection and very well made so long lasting - worth it in the long run

MrsMarigold Wed 17-May-17 22:34:58

Anything "funky" best avoided if you want to look stylish, sorry, but expensive are worth it but only if you hand wash them.

changingShorts Thu 18-May-17 09:07:25

Ah, but the OP didn't say she wanted to look stylish! Just funky.

When I wear striped tights with Dr Martens or bright yellow tights with a denim skirt (both of which have been known) I am under no illusion that I look stylish or sophisticated!

Anyway, to the question. I've bought funky tights from eBay before, brands like Missi, Pamela Mann are fairly cheap.

MeadowHay Thu 18-May-17 10:04:23

Changing Yep, exactly.

Marigold I'm not at all arsed about looking "stylish". I know what I like and I don't care if it's not to other people's taste, why would I? confused

Pamela Mann is actually manufactured near me and I've looked on their website before so I think I might have a go with them then as yeah they're not bad priced. Thanks Blackadder too I will check out Wolford, never even heard of them before blush.

At the moment I wash my tights on a delicates wash in the washing machine. Will it make a huge difference if I actually did switch to handwashing? I'm not sure I can be arsed...although my washing machine does actually have a 'handwash' setting which I could use.

changingShorts Thu 18-May-17 10:15:17

I wash mine in little net laundry bags (stops them getting tangled up) on delicate. Seem to do OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now