Talk

Advanced search

Apple shaped Ladies,what do you wear in the summer?

(10 Posts)
SarahBeeney Wed 17-May-17 15:11:23

Hi,I'm 5ft 9 and a size 16,large tummy and good legs. I'm 40 years old.
I always find summer a bit of a struggle,can anyone point me in the right direction shops wise and also with styles?
I would like to wear summer dresses but don't want to look pregnant. I struggle with skirts as I feel they accentuate my tummy.
Cropped trousers and t shirts??
Help,I am becoming a frump.
Out of the summer I usually wear skinny jeans and tops.

Deathraystare Wed 17-May-17 17:12:36

I wear floaty maxis and long skirts but also trousers As long as crops don't 'cut you off' where your legs are at their widest (calves) then that should be alright. If it is unbearably hot then I don't care if look humpty dumpty ish but I don't think I do. I have a number of 'floaty' tops, longer length - usally in a size 20 rather than 18 as I tend to 'swell' in the heat.

When I was in Crete a got a lovely 2 piece dress. White underneath, orange on top. I am hoping we get some good weather so I can wear it!

I think those skater dress and flippy skirts are good (sadly not pencil skirts though).

3catsandcounting Thu 18-May-17 12:26:18

Watching, I'm 5'4, big boobs and middle, slim legs. I'm a 'young' 54, but feeling matronly!

AteRiri Thu 18-May-17 12:56:03

Shorts. We got it, flaunt it!

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 18-May-17 12:59:54

I've just bought a pair of cotton jersey tapered trousers from F&F for £10. They are slim in the leg and to the ankle which is a godsend and look good with sandals and heels. I went back and bought a back up pair because I have form for ripping a hole in something ten seconds after its discontinued.

sheeeshh Thu 18-May-17 13:53:45

Watching with interest.

I'm an apple shape and have just lost 1.5 stone (same amount again to get rid off still) so hoping to show off my pins in some denim shorts with a loose but not billowy v neck vest top.

sheeeshh Thu 18-May-17 13:54:31

I should add that I've tried harems in the past but anything which is baggy around the leg makes me look so much bigger than I am. Such a shame as they are so comfy.

Liiinoo Thu 18-May-17 13:56:27

Cropped jeans/jeggings. Loose silk/linen/cotton tops in bright colours that fall to hip level. Skechers /fitflops for everyday. Wedges for drsssing up.

yohoohoo Thu 18-May-17 16:42:11

Wear A Line skirts Op as they flair out at the sides rather than sit snug on your tummy...I like H&M at the moment and Asda

SarahBeeney Thu 18-May-17 19:06:42

Thanks everyone,lots of ideas there. The F&F trousers sound good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now