Talk

Advanced search

US wedding guest: three events, no idea how to interpret dress code

(3 Posts)
AppalazianWalzing Wed 17-May-17 14:44:31

I'll be attending a wedding in the States in June. It will be hot, it will be fairly fancy, and we have been invited to the rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself (starts at 17.00, dress code 'cocktail attire') and a celebration brunch the next day, all of which I will need outfits for.

I will also hopefully be three months pregnant at that point and don't know if there's any chance I'll be showing. I do know in 30 degrees heat I want to be comfortable.

Can anyone offer any guidance on US wedding dress codes? I mostly want to be appropriate, and comfortable, and ideally not spend a fortune (circa £100/dress if possible- I know I won't be wearing It again for at least a year if all goes well) The friends getting married are lovely, but I know I will feel uncomfortable if I stand out or don't look 'right'. I'm a 10/12 normally, quite hourglass-y but suspect my shape may have changed somewhat. I'm also exhausted, sick and under threat of miscarrying so have limited mental resources for shopping ATM so would really like to get clear in my head the kind of things I should be looking for before I drag myself to the shops/start to order online.

Veterinari Wed 17-May-17 19:45:39

Cocktail attire is usually formal but without the need for floor length gowns that might be appropriate for black tie. So things like knee length cocktail dresses, smart summer dresses etc

Laska5772 Wed 17-May-17 19:56:59

Ideas for brunch dresses ( but ive never heard of a wedding brunch before now!!) .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now