Talk

Advanced search

What is up with my hair? !

(18 Posts)
CoolCarrie Wed 17-May-17 13:07:46

It feels like plastic, wax like, flat greasy looking,.
It is fine at the best of times and coloured every 6 weeks, is it a build up of stuff on my hair, and if so, what can I do about it?
TIA

MissCherryCakeyBun Wed 17-May-17 13:12:30

Have you tried changing shampoo? Also Head and Shoulder menthol is great for a fresh clean hair feeling it sorts mine out when I've used to much heat spray to often

Greenvalleymama Wed 17-May-17 13:59:11

Sounds like there might be a build up of products, you could try a clarifying shampoo. Pantene do one a reasonable price.

sanitygirl Wed 17-May-17 14:18:43

Could be a build up of silicones from shampoo/conditioner/products. Use a clarifying shampoo and then avoid too many silicone products (e.g. conditioner with dimethicone etc)

wuckfit Wed 17-May-17 14:20:23

do not use head and shoulders if you have coloured hair

BusterGonad Wed 17-May-17 14:55:06

Head and Shoulders does fad coloured hair but I just love the cleaness of my hair after and it's so soft too, not to mention NOT itchy anymore.

EnidButton Wed 17-May-17 17:00:22

I agree you need a cleansing shampoo. Just use it once a week or so to get rid of build up. You could do it more often but people tend to find that can be too drying.

Pantene seem to have discontinued their clarifying shampoo. I can't find it anywhere. Real shame as it was cheap and effective.

I've been using Redken cleansing cream shampoo. Bit pricey for the amount you get but it's very, very good. Will leave your roots light and shiny.

EnidButton Wed 17-May-17 17:01:22

Cleansing shampoo = clarifying.

Although that word doesn't seem to be used as much lately.

Jackeve Sat 20-May-17 18:05:57

My hair goes the same as yours and I swore by Pantene Clarifying shampoo but for some reason they discontinued it. I've now discovered Treseme Clease & Replenish deep cleansing shampoo and it's great.

EnidButton Sat 20-May-17 22:06:56

I'm raging with Pantene Jack. It was such a good, cheap solution. I'll give that tresseme one a try.

Jackeve Sun 21-May-17 08:10:38

Me too Enid I can't understand why they discontinued it. So flipping annoying when a product works well for you grrr
I've looked online too with no joy (unless happy to pay £7 a bottle on Amazon).
I'm liking the Treseme one though. Was £3 in Asda for a huge bottle smile

EnidButton Sun 21-May-17 13:44:09

I actually would pay £7 for it but can't find it on Amazon so maybe sold out there now too. So annoying when companies do that. £3 is a bargain! I'll give it a try.

lionsleepstonight Sun 21-May-17 18:59:36

I wondered where that went. I thought id lost my marbles and bought classic thinking that was what I used to use.

mintmagnummm Sun 21-May-17 19:20:01

I used to love the Pantene one too angry have heard that Paul Mitchell shampoo 2 and 3 are both good clarifying ones but haven't tried either....yet!

EnidButton Sun 21-May-17 21:47:27

The Redken one you recommended on the other thread is good mint. Gets my roots really, really clean.

mintmagnummm Mon 22-May-17 06:38:23

Enid glad u like that one, I went to buy it then realised it had keratin in which I'm a bit sensitive to, but maybe I'll give it a go

EnidButton Mon 22-May-17 15:40:33

Oh yes, I forgot about the keratin. I should get different one too then so I don't over do it.

CoolCarrie Mon 22-May-17 16:42:42

Thanks everyone! Going to try the Redken one first to see how it goes, fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now