Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour change - is cheaper too cheap?

(2 Posts)
iwasagirlinavillage Tue 16-May-17 23:07:26

My current hair colour is Iced Chocolate semi-permanent home dye (first pic). I want to go back to my natural colour at the roots (second pic) with blond at the ends (third pic).

I spoke to one salon and they said I would need to have the colour stripped out, a permanent dye all over as close to my natural colour as possible and then balayage for the blond. They quoted £300 and said it would take around 7-8 hours. I thought the cost was pretty excessive so I went to a smaller, independent hairdressers and they said I wouldn't need to strip the colour, they would dye over my current colour and then put the blond on the ends. They quoted £140 and said it would take 3-4 hours.

Obviously, I would much rather go for the cheaper option but I'd also rather for have my hair fucked up. Does anyone know if it's possible to make my current colour close to my natural colour without stripping the existing dye out?

TIA

TheOneWhoKnocks Tue 16-May-17 23:16:56

I don't see how they could "dye it lighter" without removing the darker colour first. If it's a semi, could you let it fade so that you might not need the colour lightening at the roots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now