Talk

Advanced search

Styling help

(15 Posts)
Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 19:44:16

I'm going to a wedding on saturday. I bought this dress from Cos but desperately need help to style it.

As you can imagine I like simple clean lines but also something a bit different. I'm 5.8 and slim. I can't do any shopping in person because I'm doing night shifts after looking after the children all day. Which is why I'm calling for any help.

I've been searching online for shoes and something to wear over the top but I'm at a loss. Shoes are more important though.

I'm open to all ideas!

Think this colour would look amazing with it but I think they're too spindley for me. So maybe after something a little bit more chunky without being too heavy? Was thinking silver, yellow or that coraly red colour?

Boooring Mon 15-May-17 19:48:41

Gorgeous dress and those shoes would be perfect.

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 19:50:16

Oh, that's a great dress! Something more like these, maybe?

bojorojo Mon 15-May-17 19:53:15

Silver in my view. I think that looks cool whereas orange is a bit too loud for a wedding. I think a suede biker jacket would work in pale grey. The Telegraph did wedding cover ups at the weekend and suggested this or a velvet dressing gown style coat. No no bolero, fascinator and pashmina. I think if you can do a mix of pale grey/silver and the cobalt it would look chic. Maybe an orange chunky necklace? Or tassel earrings?

Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 19:55:43

Oh so glad you like the dress!

Feel like I've totally lost my fashion mojo since having children so good no it's not completely sunk.

Yes MrsLettuce definitely more like that!

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 19:56:05

too much / too low?
far too much and too high?
mango yellow. Love these.

Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 19:57:58

Oh nice thanks bojorojo. Yeah silver would make the rest of the accessorizing easier. Will look for The Telegraph piece.

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 19:59:14

x post

No, you absolutely not sunk. You will look fabulous.

What sort of budget are you looking at for a cover up?

Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 20:01:59

Think I like the La Redoute ones best out of those MrsLettuce

There's this type of think too, but maybe bojorojo is right about it being too loud

Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 20:03:26

Hmm to be honest I'm happy to throw money at the problem, if it's something I can wear again. I'm taking on extra work at the moment, and haven't spent anything on myself (apart form this dress obviously) in a looooong time.

Maybe £150?

Screamer1 Mon 15-May-17 20:04:29

Just have to leave for work now but i'll be back.

Cakescakescakes Mon 15-May-17 20:08:09

I love leopard print with blue...

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 20:08:35

Those top shop shoes are also lovely. TBH, I think you know exactly what you're doing. Please beware the Fashion Rules, they are really mainly for those who have no innate sense of style. You clearly do.

Will have a look for jackets.

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 20:12:33

This is stupidly over budget but it's very versatile and you'd potentially get years of use from it.

Screamer1 Tue 16-May-17 08:32:41

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks so much MrsLettuce - I honestly don't feel like I know what I'm doing so nice that you think I do, it's made me feel a bit more confident about my choices now.

That jacket is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now