Talk

Advanced search

Gap Bi-stretch skinny trousers

(13 Posts)
supersalmon1 Mon 15-May-17 15:02:22

I recently bought a pair of these as I'm hoping to go back to work in a few months after a slightly longer than planned maternity leave. I wore them today and they felt perfect but I just wanted to know how people who own a pair wash them. I've read a couple reviews of people having issues with them shrinking or fading and wondered if others had the same issue. I would like to buy a couple more pairs in the future as they are so comfortable.

mrsmildred Mon 15-May-17 15:38:22

Wash them inside out on a 30 degree wash with colour fast powder. I've never had any problems but equally they are cheap trousers, they're not going to last years. Or alternate with the hand wash cycle, I quite often do that on things like trousers which don't get heavily soiled, but just need a freshen up.

I hope you don't buy them full price either. Sign up for the emails and wait for 30% off at least, there's usually one sent every couple of weeks.

supersalmon1 Mon 15-May-17 16:07:03

Thank you for those tips! They were on sale for £25 at the weekend but I will definitely sign up for more offers.

lindyloo57 Mon 15-May-17 18:54:47

i have a black pair havent washed them yet as new, but when i brought them, i did think the fabric looked like thay will fade. i will hand wash.

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Mon 15-May-17 18:57:49

I wash them at 40. Have the black and navy. They don't shrink or fade.

HereBeFuckery Mon 15-May-17 19:07:59

May I ask what they are called on the label inside? And what size it says?
Only I ordered some which arrived with a label saying 'skinny crop' and size 16 (I ordered 20, they were skin tight, so possibly a real 16, or I'm bigger in Gap than anywhere else, gah!) and was annoyed to have to return them. I mean, I could do them up but they were tight as spanx, which was not a great look.
Ta muchly.

Pengweng Mon 15-May-17 20:58:12

I have some and wash on normal 40 wash and hang to dry.

Here - the sizes are normally in US so my size 20 say 16 on the label though i am more like an 18 so would say they are cut slightly smaller than most shops.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Mon 15-May-17 23:17:47

I think, unlike a lot of Gap trousers which are large, they are true to size, so I am size 8 and have size uk8/us4.
Washing wise, I chuck them in a mixed wash at 40, don't tumble dry.

HereBeFuckery Tue 16-May-17 06:48:19

Peng thank you. Do yours say 'Skinny Crop' on the label?

supersalmon1 Tue 16-May-17 07:11:56

Herebe...mine say 'skinny ankle' on the label.

FiddleFigs Tue 16-May-17 09:01:39

Mine shrank, washed once at 30. Gap's quality has really gone downhill in recent years - I'm reluctant to buy anything there. Shame because their trousers fit me really well.

CrispyBathTowel Tue 16-May-17 09:29:00

Watching with interest as I have my eye on these for when I return to work from ML. I find GAP jeans a bit of a nightmare - fit perfectly in the shop but am hour after wearing have stretched to the point where they are falling down at waist and baggy at the knees so I wondered if the stretch in these was the same.

Pengweng Wed 17-May-17 19:15:20

Yes they say skinny crop on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now